Fortress Borders Mod Overhaul! Outposts

Hey Serp, just passing by to say I decided to try this mod fully, not just the sql :goodjob:

Looks good, one very annoying problem though, it seems to causing the wrong resource icons to show in the Strategic View: The wine icon shows for wheat, the cow icon for cotton, etc.

Running on BNW 1.0.3.279 no other mods loaded (screenshots show EUI, but get the same behaviour even without it).

Am I the only one seeing this? Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11_2015_08_30_15_37_19_366.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11_2015_08_30_15_37_19_366.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 416
  • CivilizationV_DX11_2015_08_30_15_37_23_036.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11_2015_08_30_15_37_23_036.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 343
Looks good, one very annoying problem though, it seems to causing the wrong resource icons to show in the Strategic View: The wine icon shows for wheat, the cow icon for cotton, etc.

Running on BNW 1.0.3.279 no other mods loaded (screenshots show EUI, but get the same behaviour even without it).

Am I the only one seeing this? Is there anything that can be done to fix it?
and you are sure my mod causes this?
Very strange, because the mod does nothing with any ressource symbols...
I will test, if this also happens here...

edit:
Yes I forgot to enable reload for strategic view. It is fixed in v5. Thank you for reporting the bug :)

Yo Serp, the mod works nice and dice, but whenever a unit enters an abandoned outpost tile [and thus claims it], everything slows down to a crawl. After some 10+ seconds of sloooow-moving tension, the unit claims it and everything goes back to normal. But damn that's annoying...

Otherwise, your work is perfect, really awesome. Too bad the AI doesn't know how to at least claim abandoned outposts [I left one in the artic near a lonely copper, and Hiawata decided to use a settler there].

Yo Serp, the mod works nice and dice, but whenever a unit enters an abandoned outpost tile [and thus claims it], everything slows down to a crawl. After some 10+ seconds of sloooow-moving tension, the unit claims it and everything goes back to normal. But damn that's annoying...
And now, after months, you are telling me that ? :D I did not experienced this in my tests, but I will take a look at it and I'm sure I can fix this (after finding the cause in the script)

Is it really only the case if the outpost is abondoned? And not while you enter an enemy outpost? (helps me to find the bug in the script)

edit:
and does it depend on the number of players in the game or the cities build ?
So maybe tell me the settings for a new game, to reproduce this, so I can find out the reason for the lag.

edit2:
I just did small testgame, and there was no lag at all... so I need some info about the settings and the game state (how many cities and so on... or a savegame with only the fortress mod active)

Update 7 October 2015 v 6
- Fixed a small bug. Bug was: When an allied unit stands on a outpost from you and the timer expired, an error accured. The result was, that the outpost lost borders, but did not change owner to the owner of the unit. So the bug did not have a huge impact on gameplay, because simply moving the unit off and back solves the problem.

@Serp Very nice mod, had to give it 5 stars :worship:

Yet I have a small request. Could you change the icon? Right now it has the same icon as a fortification and that is really annoying throughout a full game.

If you want I am willing to find a fitting one.

Top Bottom