Forum Game: Dungeon Exploration

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
Dungeon Exploration
Fall From Heaven gone Munchkin?

... Faeryl smiled cutely at Jonas Endain. He always had to brag about how strong/powerful/almighty his people were or were about to become, but more often than not, this bragging only served to make sure his plans were not carried out, always spoiled by *mysterious ambushers*.
"... And you won't tell anyone?", Jonas asked again. She winked. "Of course not. It's our secret."

... And it might have been, had it not been for the Calabim spy who now quietly left the building to tell Alexis of the plans of the Orcs, or the Infernal allies that Alexis decided to let in on the information, or the Bannor, Elohim, Lanun and Malakim forces who just chased any Infernal going anywhere suspicious.

So when the Clan champion arrived to the ancient dungeon where rumour said it that the powerful weapon of the Godslayer was hidden, seven other figures were all approaching the dungeon from different directions, bend on leaving with the ancient blade....

Welcome to Dungeon Exploration!
This small forum game is kind-of-inspired by Seon's "Roll to Dodge" game, albeit just a touch more serious. Each of the eight players will be playing an adventurer from a nation of the Fall From Heaven world - listed in the bottom of this post.

The game will be taking place on this rather primitive Dungeon map:

The map is split into nine quadrants, consisting of 2x2 rooms each. First Quadrant is rooms 1, 2, 7 and 8, second quadrant is rooms 3, 4, 9 and 10, and so on.

Quadrant 5 is the middle of the dungeon, and nobody will start in any of the four rooms it encompasses. Instead, it is in one of these rooms that you will find the Godslayer, the prize that you seek. Beware, though, as it may be guarded!

Most rooms will contain one or more objects of interest. Some of these will be helpful in besting your player and non-player opponents.

Only one player wins; the one to leave the dungeon with the Godslayer. So, if someone gets hold of the weapon, you know what to do. Go Munchkin on him!

Rules:

Movement is made in turns. You move only one room, vertically or horizontally, each turn. I will update once I have move orders from all players in the game or once they've had plenty of time to respond. Then, there will be an Interaction phase:

Most rooms contain something of interest. The interaction phase is where you interact with what is in the room. Typically, a few actions will be obvious, but there may be objects that are not self-explanatory. Note that you can only interact once every interaction phase with each object in the room, so if you find, per example, a locked chest, you can't both try to unlock it, and if that fails, bash it. You have to pick one.

The game starts with an interaction phase in the starting rooms.

If two players end up in the same room, they will enter combat against each other, the same will be the case against NPCs. The winner of the combat will have a chance to interact with the room, the loser will die (most cases of player vs NPC) or withdraw from whence they came (most cases of player vs player) to lick their wounds - and interact with objects there.

Combat (both between players and between player and NPC) is solved with the help of a six-sided dice. First, a roll to hit is made. If this succeeds (normally 3+ is enough), a damage roll is made depending on the weapon of the attacker. A roll to hit that is at least 3 larger than needed will result in a critical strike.

Some weapons or other items might affect the hit to roll. A Battle Staff substracts one from attacks against yourself in melee, per example.

A character wielding a melee weapon will have a +1 against an unarmed character.

Movement orders should be sent by PM, but Interaction orders made in the thread.

More rules will be added as the game develops.

Sign-ups are open for the eight characters:

Players:

Clan of Embers Adventurer - Played by Kill Fire
19/30 HP, Godslayer piece (1)
Currently in Room 16

Bannor Adventurer - Played by Renata
25/25 HP, Bronze Weapon.
Currently in Room 19

Infernal Adventurer - Played by Autolycus
24/30 HP, Short Bow.
Currently in Room 28

Lanun Adventurer - Played by sprig
17/25 HP, Bronze Weapon, 2 Fruits (2 HP each).
Currently in Room 22

Svartalfar Adventurer - Played by rhawn
19/25 HP, Short Bows (2), Healing Potion (10 HP), Shield.
Currently in Room 8

Elohim Adventurer - Played by Catharsis Backwards Logic
25/25 HP, Battle Staff, Bronze Weapon.
Currently in Room 18

Calabim Adventurer - Played by Seon
18/25 HP Poisoned for 1 more turns, Short Bow, Poisoneous Spear (throw), Iron Weapon.
ENRAGED
Currently in Room 29

Malakim Adventurer - Played by cindle Civplayah
23/25 HP, Battle Staff.
Currently in Room 21

You may now post and claim your character!

I shall take Calabim adventurer. Dooming everyone else to slower upda... I mean err...

I'll take the svartalfar please.

Bannor, please.

Good to see some interest! I have to turn your attention to the fact that you are most likely going to need to kill off each other at some point or another. Look forward to it.

Also, I am not going to write a long novel on each of the rooms. I'll try to make the updates as exciting and interesting as possible, but even then, the fun will be you guys trying to outtrick/outsmart/outgun each other. The more talk in (and out of) the thread, the better.

Killing people is the whole attraction. :D

I do love it when people spell my name properly with a lower case r.:goodjob:

I do love it when people spell my name properly with a lower case r.:goodjob:

:hatsoff: I did it on purpose. I always make that mistake (used to do so with oyzar aswell), but for once I remembered.

I see they last three adventurers are claimed. Now, I need all eight of you to pick the room in which you want to start, within your quadrant.

Before picking the room closest to the four 'goal' rooms, make sure you have considered properly. You could run into another player or miss the opportunity to find some items in the outer rim rooms.

Remember, no-one can leave the dungeon before they have the Godslayer, and that all stats are official - even inventories and positions. So you will have time to stop whoever the lucky adventurer is - if you're quick.

I think I have about half the rooms done, I'll get around to the other half today and tomorrow, and the initial interaction phase should start tomorrow or monday.

EDIT: Corrected Lanun Adventurer's inventory to match Bannor's. Can't have no unequality here.

Room Number 29, please.

Plonk me in Room 6 plzkthx.

I also has a question. Say Player X has the Godslayer, and Player Y rises up from the sod and utterly slaughters Player X. What happens to the Godslayer in this case? Does it stay where it is (thus landing in Player Y's inventory, I assume), or teleport away somewhere?

Player Y will get it. Which means that immediately afterwords Player Z will rise up and be skewered by the Godslayer. Immediately Player W rises up, skewers player y with a sharpened stick and take the godslayer. Player B, however, detests this and goes to kill Player W but is killed by a random dragon from outer space. Seon than headshots Player W and takes the Godslayer and escapes. Players A,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,X,T,U,V are all dead by now ofcourse.

Top Bottom