Forum Game: Night of the Werewolf Game Thread

Farmer Woodelf- your wife (Herbalist Sureshot) has been having an affair with Hunter Teg Navanis. The Hunter may or may not be a werewolf, but he certainly deserves a lynching either way.
Special: Try to get Hunter Teg Navanis killed before you.
Special: Try to save Herbalist Sureshot (if she isn't a werewolf)

Farmhand- You are an innocent villager. Herbalist Sureshot has been sneaking out late at night for months, this isn't unusual.

Herbalist- You are cheating on your husband (Farmer Woodelf) and having an affair with Hunter Teg Navanis.
Special: Try to save Hunter Teg Navanis (if he isn't a werewolf)
Special: Try to save Farmer Woodelf (if he isn't a werewolf)

Hunter- You are unmarried but having an affair with the married Herbalist Sureshot. You suspect her husband (Farmer Woodelf) knows though she claims he doesn't. As long as the villagers are lynching people if they were to kill Farmer Woodelf it would certainly make your life a lot easier.
Special: Try to get Farmer Woodelf killed before you.
Special: Try to save Herbalist Sureshot (if she isn't a werewolf)

yea, so creative they all ended up dead first somehow? lol
the mob started the 3+ pileup rule because nobody had any specific ideas who to lynch untill the first wolf gave himself away...

Merchant BadPlayer's stomach starts growling the moment the accursed little village dissapears around the bend. No one had had much of an appitite the past week, and now a vengeful stomach mercilessly reminds him of this. Fortunately, a remedy is near at hand. His eye turns towards the earthenwar jar jostling beside him on the seat.

Reloading his wagon had taken much time. More still was spent scouring the empty village for wares "borrowed" from the consignment shed. He found a missing manual (De-Funkin' Wagon-Awls) on Unser's front porch. Maybe Unser dealt with the stress by going about his normal day. Or maybe he just needed something heavy to hold down a poorly-made stopper on a mellowsauce jar. The reason hardly matters now.

But at least that part of the delay was worth it. A lot of people turn their noses up at mellowsauce, but BadPlayer can eat it straight frm the jar. That is exactly what he intends to do now. He reaches for the jar, his mouth floods with saliva, and he is suddenly filled with inexplicable feelings of nausea and guilt. Even mellowsauce seems sinful, somehow. But his ravenous stomach rallies. The odd mood passes quickly.

Passes, only to be replaced with rage. BadPlayer eagerly dips two fingers into the wide-mouthed jar and eagerly slurps up ... nothing. Nothing is in the jar except two small scaps of paper. BadPlayer's stomach screams at the deception. BadPlayer scowls in agreement. But werewolves have a way of raising a man's annoyance threshhold. BadPlayer soon calms himself. He sets about trying to decipher the stablemaster's peasant scrawl.

Now though, it is gettnig interesting. I will be happy if my original hunch is proven correct. Hmm, I guess I can tell it to you, to put it on record so to speak. I think Lorgen is a Werewolf, because I think the three of them intentionally decided to have one of them miss the first vote. What better cover, than to appear like someone who didn't even log on that day? How could they be an active participant, like a werewolf?

Here's my cll: It's Lorgen and Loki. The Prophet has been dead some time, Loki's claim of contact is a lie. Loki called out Deathling, but I figure they figure'd he was a goner anyway. So they used his death to establish their own crediblity. All of a sudden the Prophet suddenly appears and is right? Nah, they knew he was a wrewlf because they are the other two.

"Poor simpleton, shoulda kept him mouth shut" he mutters to himself as he flicks the scraps away. "Man's gotta learn his limitations." Merchant BapPlayer has a lot of practice keeping his mouth shut. With that thought, his mind turns what he should say at his next stop, and to what the inn will be serving tonight.

OOC: Hey BadPlayer, did your heart sorta skip a beat when you saw that Merchant BadPlayer's in bold? :p

:woohoo:

Kael, thanks very much for the fun game. You did a great job writing up the events. And well game-mastered! Not so much as a whisp of accidentally-leaked information. And I gotta say thanks for Unser's gallows story ... he died stoicly. :)

And the werewolves did a great job. They melded into the villagers extremely well and selected victims that left few clues. Very well played! I thought you were gonna win ... until Drieche2 stepped up to firmly and confidently denounce Loki. Then BadPlayer proved he had been paying attention all along by promptly rooting out the wolf with the deepest cover of them all, Lorgen. Well done humanity!

And I would be remiss if I did not thank the entire batch of you all for sticking to the spirit of the game from start to finish. No one blurted out anything inappropriate, or from beyond the grave, and everyone did an awesome job of role-playing. I think we might all agree that QES deserves special kudos in this regard. Our gregarious friend must have been in living hell being the first one out. That ordeal, at least, has ended.

I've never played a game like this, and I was too busy the first couple days to pay much attention, so I adopted a minimalist strategy. I didn't send out any PMs (nor received any) and I didn't try to mislead anyone. Well, except for voting Ploepernagel on day 2. I never thought the Wench was guilty. But I figured I should go with Mob Rule on day two so as not to stand out too far from the ... mob.

I was going to send a PM, to Sureshot, after Teg was hung, because that was the first time I was certain someone (Sureshot) was NOT a werewolf. But as soon as I decided to send a PM, pow, down went the Herbalist to the wolves. (The first "scrap of paper" is from the PM I sent to Kael when I learned Sureshot had been done in by the wolves.)

Other than Plaoepernagel, I just voted my hunches. And it almost worked, except I honestly did not understand why the only people hung were the people suspected on the first day, and we were gonna go back to that game plan again. So I spoke up and thus drew the attention of Loki. :sad:

But OTOH I think that helped flush out the wolves. I thoght it was a mistake for Loki to try to get me hung after Deathling. Not because the effort would not work, but because when Unser turned out to be human, there went Loki's cover. (The 2nd "scrap" was other PM I sent Kael, sent when I saw I was out of the game.) The let's-sacrifice-Deathling gambit was thus thrown away. Loki went from Last Suspect to Prime Suspect.

That's why Unser went to the gallows denouncing Lorgen. I figured Loki was going to be hung anyway after Unser turned up dead human. So why waste breath denying him? Remind people of Lorgen. It should look sincere once the noose snaps. :)

And then it turns out my hunch was right! Heh heh, the old Rat Sniffer still works, that's nice to see.

Huge fun one and all. My thanks. :clap:

Bad Player more like Bad-ass Player! :D

Yeah thx heaps for it Kael great writing job and the unexpected Ashen Veil thing was certainly interesting! I went to bed at 2AM coz I was reading the thread trying to work out who the final werewolf was! :goodjob: Tired at work today though! ;)

- Corlindale and his Blue Butterflies (I think Corlindale posted drunk to stay in character).

Let me assure you that I did not:) Well, maybe a little... In fact I often found that my writing more resembled the ramblings of a crazed prophet than those of a drunk, so I had to edit them and put a *hic* or a slur on some words to make it more in-character.

I must admit that I had no clue who the werewolves were, so as a good village idiot i tried to confuse people a bit at first, no harm done, since the "clues" left by Kael through the events all proved to be dead-ends anyway...

It was a fun game, though I wish I could have stayed alive till the very end. But the werewolves had other plans, it seems.
It helped that I was contacted by the prophet(though I was wary of heeding the advise of a stranger at first), just too bad I only found out his identity moments before he was killed.

hoorray for the 'Village People' :D

And now that the farm is mine and the were wolves are dead, it's only a tiny step to world domination! A shame I didn't also get the farmers wife :( ;)

Yeah, and the beginning I also thought maybe it's a bad idea to kill the people that talk the most, simply because of the atmoshere.... also, in the beginning the lynching was, of course, pretty random, hence it's funny that in the end it was really mistakes of the wolves that killed them, in spite of their elaborate plan...

oh and about lorgen, he didn't contact me anymore. I just wanted to hear what he had to say about that prophet issue...

dreiche2 said:
hoorray for the 'Village People' :D

And now that the farm is mine and the were wolves are dead, it's only a tiny step to world domination! A shame I didn't also get the farmers wife :( ;)

Yeah, and the beginning I also thought maybe it's a bad idea to kill the people that talk the most, simply because of the atmoshere.... also, in the beginning the lynching was, of course, pretty random, hence it's funny that in the end it was really mistakes of the wolves that killed them, in spite of their elaborate plan...

oh and about lorgen, he didn't contact me anymore. I just wanted to hear what he had to say about that prophet issue...

there is just one reason that I didn`t reply... Had my first fight with my girlfriend yesterday, so I got really drunk and had a lot of other things going through my head.

well, sorry to hear that... at least in made the decision easier for the Village People (TM).

Kael - who chose which townspeople died each night, you or the werewolves? Did I miss that part of the explanation?

woodelf said:
Kael - who chose which townspeople died each night, you or the werewolves? Did I miss that part of the explanation?

The werewolves did. Once the game started I didnt do anything but write flavor text and answer Grillick's daily question.

Hurray - we did it! Now I'm the mayor of a metropolis with citizen count two :D

:king:

Bloody good fun people! A huge thumbs up to Kael for pulling the idea out of his hat and making it happen, and an equally huge thumb up to everyone participating, for building the mood and.. well.. lynching a lot of innocent characters!

At least I got done in by the wolfies instead of getting lynched, that would have been a horrible blow to the pompous mayors pride. ^_^

Now, I'm (hur hur) dying to know. When the furballs selected me to die, was there a particular thought behind it, or just random malice? *s* At that point I found myself thinking in the "three people voted together" line of thought. Especially after Deathling died really. Because when Loki arrived and called out Deathling, all of a sudden two other people rallied to his defense and tried to get Loki hung. So at that point I thought Unser and Dreiche were guilty. But I decided to wait the night before deciding whether to pursue the suspicion, and.. We all know how that went. ;)

And when they killed the prophet, was that random or based on suspicion/knowledge that he was just that?

As for the new mayor, bloody right you are! Treat my legacy well! :goodjob:
I was so worried I would accidentally hand over the reins to a werewolf, that would have been kind of a bummer.. :p

Anyway. Loved the game. Much fun was had. My hat is off to everyone involved! :king: (<-- yeah, that's right, that hat. The Foxford mayoral crown of supremacy!)

Cheers!

It all died when lorgen and loki killed the blacksmith, I voted to kill the farmhand ^^
Loki should've covered after my death by saying something like "The prophet knows not of another werewolf."
I'm up for another game any time :).

woodelf said:
Dogpiling on Teg definitely screwed me. :p

Yep, I took you down with me! *diabolical laughter*

On the other hand, I caused two innocent deaths in my defence because I randomly accused those who had the most votes besides me. Sorry about that. :)
Well, it didn't really help my credibility either ;)

Hear hear!

I would most definitely be up for a repeat of this some time or other. That way I can get in on it from the start, for one. ;)

Though I still want to know why I died! *gries inconsolably* :cry:

Hehe, no, but seriously. I'm curious. *grin*

Cheers!

Top Bottom