Forums loads for a second then goes blank on Firefox

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
There's something screwy going on with the forums lately. When I load a page within the forums, it loads fine for a second but suddenly turns into a blank page. I am viewing the forums on Firefox and can only access it via incognito mode.

Edit: I've tried it again after an hour and noticed that it's working again (and this time seeing the advertisement bar). I'm guessing that something borked up the page when it came time for the ad to load. I'll update when neccesary if and when it comes up again for me (or for any other users who've experienced the same as I did).

Last edited:
Chrome too. And intermittently also. Sometimes fine. Sometimes can't get it to work no matter what I do (besides just come back later).

Assumed it was just me.

I usually use Opera and haven't had any problems with CFC.

I'm finishing this post using Edge and am still not having any problems with CFC.

So maybe some ads don't play nicely with certain browsers? (just speculating)

I had it happen this morning, seems fine now.

Don't know if it's related, but over the past 36-48 hours I have been having increasing difficulty typing replies on CFC from my smartphone (Sony Xperia 5, Android OS, Firefox for Mobile with security-settings maxed), and today it's become practically impossible.

(I'm typing this from my office Mac — don't tell the boss!) ;)

The built-in keyboard-app is flickering constantly, only registers about 1 in 4 key-taps, ignores most auto-complete menu-taps, and reverts Shift-key taps >90% of the time (preventing me from typing anything upper-case).

What's weird is that on various other websites that I access daily (e.g. Framed) the keyboard-app is not showing any of these issues, nor do they occur when I use other phone-apps (e.g. WhatsApp, Penny [supermarket] shopping-app) — suggesting that the problem is being caused by some process running on the CFC site specifically.

Any ideas what's going, and/or if there's anything I can do to fix it at my end?

Last edited:
Top Bottom