Four minor but play changing game fixes

Einiweini7

Chieftain
Two of these I have mentioned elsewhere and two are new. The game is great, but there are areas that restrict civilisation expansion rather than promote individual play style.

1/ Scouts should start with the top two promotion levels and only have a tree of five. It is just impossible to get a decent Spec-Ops. Sure, the barbarians would get it too but that changes the game for all civs early but not significantly.

2/ A circus that is bought the same way as a rock band and can be lost on a bad performance. The unit would be an early industrial era unit that provides 1 amenity for ten turns and 3-18% culture to a city depending on a performance. About that time in the game city growth is high and amenities are becoming an issue prior to zoos and waterparks. It is a temporary fix to the era with a nice little culture boost. Also it is historically accurate when you look at the travelling American circuses that presented exotic animal and performances to isolated audiences.

3/ Earlier tier flood barriers and Tsunami/tidal wave disasters. Currently the game forces my costal civilisations down one upper tier path. Industrialisation/Chemistry/ Computers. Production and science first and race to get a flood barrier. Realistically there are civilisations that were always prone to tidal flood prior to computers, Netherlands, UK, Japan and USA, and they already had tier 1 flood barriers in place. Build them much the same a city walls. So a tier 1 Dyke (gained the same time as the canal), a level 1 Tsunami would be blocked but a level 2 would flood over it . A tier 2 sea wall (gained with industrialisation) would stop a level 2 Tsunami but a level 3 would flood it. The Tier 3 flood barrier would still be overwhelmed by a level four Tsunami. This would allow for more diverse game play for coastal civilisations after industrialisation and still keep a risk for building on lowland coastal tiles. The floods would recede if the ocean levels were lower than the land, outside of that a future tech land reclamation would be needed.

4/ Get rid of the Giant Death Robot and replace it with a more realistic future military upgrade. I would suggest a branch much like the Modern era governments. So you would develop Hover Tech (disembark on coastal ocean tiles and full road movement on all plains tiles), Electronic Camoflage (+25% combat defence) or Laser Tech (+25% combat attack). You would have to upgrade each unit to purpose. Each unit would consume 1 uranium. As it stands I can get a unit to seven promotion levels and still be one shot by a giant death robot and the unit isn't even futuristically realistic. If I can disembark my artillery in ocean coastal tile because it has the HT upgrade however, that is something I could see. It keeps the game balance and provides a reward for high end units.

Top Bottom