Free State of Venice

Well

The current people that are under you right now should become your "cabinet" which will also be the "representative council" mentioned in the Freedom Coalition Constitution. Only we [the cabinet] will not be equal, the Regent will be the leader of the cabinet, and will have power just under that of yours.

His main job should be to serve you, and replace you in a time of need, but if the cabinet
(who's jobs are to manage the economy, the military, and news) is placed under him, he will be the last step between you and a bad mistake. If he recognizes a bad mistake, the Regent will take the cabinet member that the problem corresponds to (i.e. military commander) and attempt to reform your word with equal power.

In short I think we should map the different positions power over others instead of just listing them.

Also, what do you think about changing Prince to King or something like that?

I like your Idea tcn, my idea for the mapping would be this

Prince
l
l
Regent
l
l
Grand Commander
l
l
High Priest
l
l
Grand Banker and Grand Reporter

Btw, I would prefer keeping it as Prince because a Principality is lead by a prince, not a King, but It would not seriously bother my if it would be changed.

Yeah, thats great, and I'm sure it will only get better w/ PoK Standard.

As for Prince to King, I was just thinking out loud. I want more people to join (notice my sig).

I think Warlords is "Grand Commander" here. :)

Also, we need to figure out the civics. I would say we go for Hereditary Rule, Serfdom, Vassalage and for religion Organized Religion.

I'm good with that too, btw, Vandal I haven't been very active over the past month or two can yuo PM me what is going on.

Revival of the Warlords is a guild with only one member. If Provolution wants a voice in this government wouldn’t it be better for him to join this faction rather than subvert our chain of command and undermine the rights of the members whose loyalty to the Principality is clear.

I can create the position of Assistant to the Grand Commander, but still feel that positions of authority should be reserved for full faction members. On the other hand I am open to advice from all citizens of the DG.

Hmmm...... the option is all up to Provo. but one thing I can do is allow Provo to temporaraly join our faction, and then after the alliance is over, end of Term III, may return to the warlords.

But 1889 I think that It would be fine if Provolution stayed as a Warlord. Althoughhe is not a member of the PoK he can hold power like a PoK member.

Another thing I would like to create a document of all the rights of the citizens. Called "The Golden Doctrine" or something like that.

Edorai is my home, and Edorai is neighboring Babylonia, and hence my interest in the warlord position, after initial contact with Vandal.

That said, I am easy to cooperate with, and would like to think out a good plan with 1889.

Why do we want organized religion?

Organized religion to advance quicker building of buildings within our empire, as we would shift from a larger army to a trimmer, yet more professional army with vassalage.

Then I declare you equals... period.

Ok but Provo and I are both experienced players and are not likely to agree on every strategic question, what happens then? Will we have a team vote or will you just decide? Basically then there isn't need for any Grand Commander, Banker or High Priest. Why not just scrap those positions and leave the faction open to greater participation, fewer elections, and less problems when office holders are absent for important decisions?

I suggest we can divide the military into region or services, that could be a good plan.

Well we've already discussed the war plan in the other thread and however you want to split it up in the end there will be one war plan. The plan will need to be revised as we make contact with the enemy, respond to the AI, and produce new units. Our efforts need to be focused toward a single goal to achieve best effect rather than divided arbitrarily.

The best way to achieve this is to accept input from all players, but leave the final decision up to one person.

Well, if there is no particular need for the Warlords in this role, I would humbly leave this to the broader group to figure out, and withdraw.

Grrrr. I just woke up and now I find my Generals bickering.

Ok but Provo and I are both experienced players and are not likely to agree on every strategic question, what happens then?
You will each control "armies" and may use them for millitary operations, but I would like to see decusion with each other and other players to make final descions.

Basically then there isn't need for any Grand Commander, Banker or High Priest. Why not just scrap those positions and leave the faction open to greater participation, fewer elections, and less problems when office holders are absent for important decisions?
What do you mean?!?! I can't run an Empire on my own! I need members to assist me, and to add participation, something I promised to do If we were elected. I will only make the almighty descion if the argument gets too out-of-hand. Otherwise, as a faction we will make descions as a faction.

And with that I will say that for now, please cooperate with each other, Provo is a proven Commander and I can see 1889 becoming one too.

Top Bottom