Fresh Water not shown correctly with Settler

Yzman

Deity
I am playing on Gathering Storm. Usually when you build a settler, it is various shades of green and red for where you can build cities and whether they have fresh water or not.

Right now in my game whenever I have a settler selected...everything is blue. Even the key in the corner of the screen just shows blue for all of the different options. Something is definitely not right.
20190214224618_1.jpg

This same issue is happening on my newer desktop computer but not on my much older laptop. Both the settler and appeal lens doesn’t display correctly.

Please post if anyone finds a fix.

Having this issue too. Oddly enough I didn't have it right after launch.

Looks like GPU drivers... then again, I use a 1 year old Nvidia driver (the last stable for my GPU) and have no problems...

Out of curiosity, do you have any mods enabled? If so, does the behavior continue once active mods are disabled? Thanks!

No mods enabled. I started a new game on the same computer that had this issue yesterday, without changing any settings, drivers or anything and in the new game the lenses all look fine now. About to start a MP game, so I will update this thread if it happens again.

If it happens with specific mods, you can point the modder to this (had the issue with YnAMP):
there is a new <UpdateColors> tag in the modinfo for xml/sql files to fill the Colors table.

the old usage with the <UpdateDatabase> tag is still working, but files set that way will always load before the <UpdateColors> tag, even with high load order, and if you happen to have duplicate color type names with the game's, you mod will load first and the game/dlc/expansion file will fail to load.

Solution on the modder side is to change the tag for loading color files, and make sure to set it at a load order > 1 to load after the DLC/expansion if you want to replace some existing colors, or, of course, try to avoid using the same color type name.

Out of curiosity, do you have any mods enabled? If so, does the behavior continue once active mods are disabled? Thanks!

The only mods I have enabled are Gedemon's map pack ( I am not using it, just have it enabled). I disabled it and loaded up the game and everything looks fine now. I see that he has already addressed the issue with the mod, so I can hopefully just re-enable it after this game.

Thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom