Friends with barbarian until?

carn

Warlord
The barbarian civic gives -10% science but you start friends with barbarians.

Only at some point they'll decide you are civilized and start attacking again. From the one game this happened(doviello, pangaea map, epic, copper in capital radius, popping crafting and exploration from huts=> conquest victory in 200) it seems to be, that they do not care so much about culture, but about money and number of civs/cities.

As long as there were 3 or more civs present i could have 500 gold and nothing happened. But when i had one city, the khazad had 1 and the remaining sidar had 2 cities and i destroyed one of their cities, barbs declared war if i got above 200 gold. When i razed last sidar city, so only my and Khazad capital was left, they always declared war, as the pillage brought me above 100 gold.

So anyone who knows the details?

If your current score is 50% higher than the highest other non-barbarian-traited player, they'll declare war.

IIRC, no. It's more of a starting bonus (no risk goody huts).

If your current score is 50% higher than the highest other non-barbarian-traited player, they'll declare war.

When did this change? I have been asking for this for some time, and haven't seen it.

To illustrate, if you have the 'good' luck of having 2 or even 3 AI civs with the BAR trait you can find the following scores:

Jonas Endain: 550
Charadon (I think he is the Doviello with the BAR trait): 525
Sheelba: 500
Einon Logos: 300
Flauros: 175

etc.

I really think the computer compares the scores of the top two. Never mind that Einon Logos is the first civ without the BAR trait AND that the 3 civs with the BAR trait all exceed the 50% pts. rule over the Elohim. I don't think the barbs would declare war on any of the civs with the BAR trait above. IMO, they should declare war on all three.

Having said that, if it has changed to what you said, I say great!

Sarisin is right. If your score is more than 50% the 2nd place player the barbs turn on you. No consideration is given to if they are at war with the barbs or not.

by then the game is over anyway, so a few lizzardmen won't make any difference

by then the game is over anyway, so a few lizzardmen won't make any difference

In my game it made a difference, as i lost 5 str3 warriors to 2 giants being near my last enemies borders. So i won about 10 turns later.

And it might make a difference, if you intend to make use of Wrath or Riders appearing - if they destroy enough cities of other civs, they turn on you.

Top Bottom