From Dublin to Delhi (map of Europe)

Hrimfar

Chieftain
A large map spanning Ireland to India with 12 playable civilizations and about 30 citystates. The original map based on lukaspl take on a Europe map for Civ IV, but is heavily customized by me.

Playable civs are:

Arabian
Egyptian
English
French
German
Greek
Indian
Carthage (Songhai)
Ottoman
Persian
Roman
Russian

Note that some rivers might be placed wrong, and that resourses are mostly placed for strategic influence and might not mirror where they are IRL.

V2.1
Updated all of the rivers on the map to be more or less accurate. Added some city-states. Swapped Songhai to be Carthage instead of Moors. Made some more general adjustments to the map.

V2.0
Updated many of the rivers in central Europe, changed scotland and changed places for some of the alp-passes. Moved Berlin slightly to the west, Edinburgh slightly to the south.

Screenshots (from first version)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Roma.jpg
    Roma.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 12,861
  • thenorth.jpg
    thenorth.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 12,836
  • englandfrance.jpg
    englandfrance.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 12,767
  • ArabiaEgypt copy.jpg
    ArabiaEgypt copy.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 12,677
  • persiaindia.jpg
    persiaindia.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 12,750
  • From Dublin to Delhi v2.0.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 507
  • From Dublin to Delhi v2.1.rar
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,655
Do you get it to work? I might have had a few mods active while making it, so I'm wondering if it's playable.

wow a map like this really does show how awesome the hexes and different tilesets work in creating a realistic world. really great map!

however, is great britain really that skewed on a real world map? it looks awkard even if accurate.

wow a map like this really does show how awesome the hexes and different tilesets work in creating a realistic world. really great map!

however, is great britain really that skewed on a real world map? it looks awkard even if accurate.

I think it's the bending of the original map that does it. It's taking the earths shape into account etc. But I will try to fix Scotland a bit more, wish I could expand the map a bit to the west too, so that the whole of Ireland would be in it. Anyone knows how to do that?

What about the alpine passes? should the northern one be at Geneva instead of where it is?

I'm playing on it right now, its very good, though lategame turn speed is killing me and the fact that you can't turn off combat animations when loading a scenario for true start locations

I'm playing on it right now, its very good, though lategame turn speed is killing me and the fact that you can't turn off combat animations when loading a scenario for true start locations

Is there something you know that I can do to make it better for you?

Currently trying to get all the rivers to be correctly placed, also I've added some more citystates and changed Moors for Carthage (leaving Iberia with only 1 or 2 city-states)

I really like this map but something is wrong with the starting locations for me. I started as Rome but ended up in Germany

I really like this map but something is wrong with the starting locations for me. I started as Rome but ended up in Germany

You have to run Civ V in mod-mode (just go into mod category in main menu and pick single player) and check the small box; "run scenario" for it to work with the startlocations.

You should either add Madrid as a city state or put a Spanish civ in the game, as having the Moors without Spain is wrong.

I was thinking of adding Cordoba and Leon as citystates in Iberia, since I moved Songhai to northern africa (Carthage). Although there might soon be a bit too many city-states in the game, I don't know how big impact the CS have on average turn loadingtime.

I'd love to be able to add Babylonia, The Mongol horde, Spain and Vikings to the game.

You could add the Carthage civ for, well, Carthage.
Then you could add Spain around Leon and use Songhai for Cordoba/the Moors in southern Spain.

I'd also suggest using the Mongols to give the Russians an enemy in the east.

I'd also suggest using my Venice civ... :D

You have to run Civ V in mod-mode (just go into mod category in main menu and pick single player) and check the small box; "run scenario" for it to work with the startlocations.
Thanks! Will try this.

You could add the Carthage civ for, well, Carthage.
Then you could add Spain around Leon and use Songhai for Cordoba/the Moors in southern Spain.

I'd also suggest using the Mongols to give the Russians an enemy in the east.

I'd also suggest using my Venice civ... :D

Would people who's not got the mods installed be able to play as these civs, or even be able to start up the scenario? If that is possible I might add some more custom civs... :)

Excellent map. My favourite type of Civ playing is playing England as England, but it hasn't been much fun with the current world maps. However in this map it works great. Although shooting with longbowmen over the English channel felt a bit overpowered...

This map makes many strategies viable with different civs and requires you to plan your game accordingly. Playing aggressively as Rome, CS focused as Greece, navy with England, aggressive as Carthage, expansive as Russia is all encouraged by the map.

What I would really love is the World War 2 and the Crusade scenario from the old civ (Civ 2 or 3) on this map. If you could fit in a small part of America to add in the wolfpack harrasment the map would be perfect for WW2. It already is perfect for a crusade scenario. Adding a viking civ and making some small changes to scandinavia could make an interesting viking scenario. Adding Iceland and maybe Greenland would make this more fun.

My main complain about the map is that the Russian land mass is too large. It was too much wilderness there. They didn't grow too strong though, so it wasn't a balance issue, just felt wrong with so much emptiness. It seems fairly well balanced when it comes to the AI's performance. Carthage, Rome, Germany and India all performed well in my game, while Carthage had a sizeable lead on the others.

I am not sure if it's the same for every civ, but for England Stockholm becomes a very powerful ally. A maritime CS with 3 unique luxuries, way better than any other CS I met.

Also the map becomes a bit slow late game. But I guess that's the Civ engine's fault. It's a little confusing that the name of the city states are kept even though they are used for different cities, but if that's what it takes to avoid the bugs certain other mods have it's worth it by far. I'll try the other Europe map in my next game so I can compare.

Top Bottom