From how far behind do you win?

From how far behind can you win?

• You just can't once you've fallen behind.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Every time, unless the starting position was too easy.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sometimes, if I get it just right, I can recover, but only if there's still a good trading position.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't follow the histogram. I just do my job.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Behind? Me?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Puzzlinon

Insomaniac
Is it hard to win on an uphill climb? Based on the histograph, do you fall behind in score and still win?

If you play on the higher difficulty levels you will fall behind in score every game. You can however come back using a variety of strategies. In many games you wont achieve equality with the leading AI civs until the modern era when your brilliant tactical awareness allied to your supreme negotiating skills allow you to sweep past and on to victory - er sometimes anyway.

I voted "Every time, ..."
Col is right in this! Unless you have a very good start, you'll be behind the AI's for the better part of the entire game on levels (equiling or) above Monarch. I've had games where I was behind up to the point when I won, which propelled me in first place because of the victory bonus. :D

I can think of a few GOTM regulars (read: gods :worship: ) who can probably get in front of the AI almost from the start on any level below Deity (and even then after the effect of 2 settlers has been neutralized). Still, exceptions confirm the rule! ;)

I'm behind every game, for instance the one I'm on now they all have MA and I"m still with cavalry. It's because of the level I play at. But like someone once said out here at CFC, Deity is not a sprint but a marathon. Of course I only win maybe half the time but when I do, victory is so sweet ;)

I have played one game each on Chieftian, Warlord and Regent and have never fallen behind :cool: But once I start monarch, my dream-run is going to end;)

It depends.

In a conquest game I'm always behind until I kill everyone because I sacrifice Culture, Production, and Happiness for Military Strength.

But when I go for a peaceful victory I'm never behind because I always build a lot of cultural improvements, and keep a large, happy, well-developed empire. But in those games I have a tiny army. You gotta sacrifice something for each victory (or at least I do)

Top Bottom