Frontpage Ad Project

Lord Civius

Emperor
Have you always dreamt of something else? Something bigger?

Here is your chance! Join the Demogame today and recieve 1000 Yenarii for free!

Be a King, an Outlaw, a Samurai or a Great General!

Choose from five powerful factions and an almost unlimited number of exciting professions! DemoGame III! More fun, more excitement, more action, more intrigues and, best of all, more blood!

Whether you want to relax and just play a nice game of Civ with others or you intend to be the most active RPer out there, this is the place for you! You will never experience anything as this, and that is a lifetime guarantee!

So, what are you waiting for? Grab your Dai-Katana, fasten your helmet, shine that armor and don't forget the Ginzu knives! It's not a game, it's a whole new world out there, and it is yours to take!

This Ad has been dramatized and intensified, please read the folder. Not for those weak of heart and with allergies to dust, aspartame or insect bites. Please enjoy in moderation. Copyright 2008, AddictiveAds

Here is the ad so far, it is short and to the point. I do think it needs a little improving not in text but in graphics. Something that gives the people an idea of where the game is at and whereit is going. The brewing civil war may be a good theme. Anyone that wants to participate in the project is welcome and will receive compensation for graphical work from the RPG market account.

EDIT: Civplayah it is crucial that you participate in the creation of the ad. As Clerk of the Realm you head the EG.

I suppose that the ship idea should be posted here.

The Aretan Navy currently owns three unnamed ships. Instead of correcting the problem, I say that we should hold some sort of competition for the naming rights of these ships, which will hopefully help to increase activity.

What exactly are you looking for?

A kick a$$ image for the background of the text. Something that says what the Dgame is all about and where we are in the game. Something like a collage with a king, battle scene, a marketplace (rpg economy), the Yenarii coin, etc....

As sson as my laptop is up and running, I would love to work on this project.

I think we need a historical angle as well

"The Aretan State grew throughout two wars, one ancient and one medieval, in which the Ibbisine Spanish southwest of the continent was conquered by King Dutchfire and from 1270 and onwards in a series of wars, King Cyc and his successor King Civius managed to unify the Aretan continent under one banner.

However, things were not fully in order within the nation, two or more factions were poised on opposing sides in order to move the nation into a different direction. The battle hardened samurais, the massive elephants, the well engineered trebuchets and a burgeoning navy of wooden ships and iron men cast their jealous affections on neigboring continents, as scientists, engineers and other peaceful folks worriedly sought for a more peaceful way of handling things. On a tightrope, Arete had to choose.
Can you influence that choice, or are you not fit for the job?"

medieval-knight-costume-1.jpg

Maybe?

I think we need a historical angle as well

"The Aretan State grew throughout two wars, one ancient and one medieval, in which the Ibbisine Spanish southwest of the continent was conquered by King Dutchfire and from 1270 and onwards in a series of wars, King Cyc and his successor King Civius managed to unify the Aretan continent under one banner.

Actually we are in preparations to finish off the continent. It is an important time in our history, I like the angle.

I really like the map. Please contact the Blastoid to see if he wants to make a "Aretania- New World Map anno 1600"

I like the following images:
Yenarii coin, Seidrik The Grey, ALG, Civius, Hindu Cathedral and Theocracy.

And a new map would be good as well.

Perhaps the map could be the background and the message typed on it? Then images added to it for the collage effect.

Here's my entry.

I think the noble sense of purpose (plus the slightly whimsical pose!) strikes the right balance for our eye-catching ad.

Top Bottom