1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frontpage Ad Project

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Lord Civius, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Here's a rough idea of what it could look like. The text would be extended to the right so that it went under the picture. Civfanatics can add a link at the bottom, saying "Click Here!" or whatever we wish.

Attached Files:

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I think it looks better without the ad text. Perhaps we should run the first ad without it. Having it on the front page will bring in some members to have a look. Having the game organized and pinned threads up to date will hopefully intice them to sign up.

3. Cyc

Sounds good. Let me know (or whoever is going to handle this) and I can send this to a Mod asking for it to be published on the main Civfanatics page with a "Click Here" link to our DG forum under the poster.

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

We should handle the pinned threads issue first IMO. I will begin working on a few but I don't want my name on all of them. I encourage the active citizens to atleast do one each if they have the time. Some will only require copying and pasting the origial with minimal editing.

5. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

When you say, "choose from 5 powerful factions", you might want to add; "or make your own!" to give it a more open ended feel.

6. Cyc

Hmmm, I didn't write the original text, TCN, but that's an excellent idea. :goodjob:

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I don't know guys, just doesn't look right to me :sad: . Perhaps we can shorten the text or change the background to white. I am still in favor of taking the text out for this run and see if the boxart look alone can stir up some interest.

8. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

The text was a fun invention from my side, feel free to edit in it if you want to... It was a jokish thing, actually. Looks waay to much like a WoW ad. Sorry if my spelling is por, I've had afew :beer:s ;)

9. Cyc

Thie entire ad is the size of the Article column on the front page. I too favor removing the text. The color matches the background of the front page. ;)

10. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

What about the other pictures? And I don't really see the point in the guy doing whatever the crap he's doing in the current ad.

11. Cyc

The other picture could be used for following ads. This poster will probably be showing for a few days. We will need more ads.

The man represents Don Quixote. Perhaps a symbol of how we try to make this virtual world be the way we want it to be.

12. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Oh, now I see it.

13. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

We could link the picture to the text somewhere, which would link to Lord Civius's "New Players" thread...but that sounds way to complicated. I just don't want to omit the text completely, it's good stuff ;).

14. Cyc

So should I PM DaveShack asking him to post this poster in the Front Page column with a link to our main DG Forum? No text or extra pictures this time. Just the poster (DQ7) and the link. Is now the time? While we figure out how to work the Government? Or do we need to wait?

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I say wait a few days while every one cools down.

16. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes Cyc now is the best time. Send him the poster without the text. I suggest putting the link to the Start Here thread. I am updating it now.

17. Cyc

I can do that when I get a chance. Taking a quick break from work now.

18. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Cool thanks!