Fun Cordoba flipping bug

youtien

Lyricist
1. Start with France
2. Found Cordoba, Toledo(or Madrid), Valencia, or take control of those cities before Cordoba spawns.
3. When Cordoba spawns, it asks you to agree the flip. Since there are no other barb or indy cities, their capital will be Tanja.
4. Whether you agree the flip or not -- Tanja displays as a city ruin on the screen. And occasionally, Cordoba spawns with no techs nor missionaries.

I'm wondering how you did find this out. (Did you really intended to block the Cordobans in a game, or did you something really different and got to this by accident?)

I was trying to start as France and build a good start to switch to Cordoba. Also, I usually send a unit to where Toledo and Valencia would be so they won't spawn(this is evil and irrational, maybe we should change this glitch). Some horse archer will spawn near Toledo before Cordoba spawn and my unit is usually not likely to survive, but Valencia never face threat. So I can settle the far better spot at 1S (along river, one extra fish).

Besides, If there is a city in the civ's spawn zone (not flip zone), all cities in the flip zone flips at the spawn turn instead of 3rd turn. So you have to settle Cordoba to test this. And, Barb/indy city gets more priority to be the spawning civ's capital. If barb Toledo is there, it will be always capital. Indy city has second priority.

Top Bottom