Funny screenshots: part quatre

There is a reason why it still works in modern times for a number of countries. Like, when is the last time you've heard about a riot in the DPRK? :)

But why would anyone ever riot against the glorious leader of Best Korea?

1666459895783.png

The great crusade of Rivendell, bringing the Light of the Evenstar to the darkest corners of Mirkwood, and to the farthest reaches of Rhovanion, Erebor, and even Rhûn.

boats on land.png
apparently boats can travel by land

Yes, it's a Fort.

Yeah, forts double as canals. You can chain up to two in a row, plus cities and lakes. Not usually practical, but stupid fun all the same.

Edit: Just did an experiment in Worldbuilder. Every City and Fort in the chain has to be adjacent to a water tile, but it can be diagonally adjacent. However, for some reason, the Forts/Cities themselves can't be diagonal from each other.

Last edited:
Ask it about Gandhi and nukes.

At least it didn’t trap you.

What mod are you playing that lets sea ice grow?! :eek:

Yah, I didn't install the realistic terrain pack, I just don't think it looks as good as the normal terrain.

Yeah, it has a dark color scheme which I'm not entirely sure I'm completely a fan of, and the water color isn't quite blue enough for my liking, but oh well; most of the aesthetic's appeal comes from the units and icon art in my opinion, and I'm most of all interested in the gameplay and strategic aspects anyway.

Either way, enjoy the awesome mod! :)

Some funny screenshots from some giganto-Earth mod that someone published in https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/fml-4-shaka.356032/:

This game puts goody huts on mountain peaks:

civ4-hut-on-mtn-clear.png

"I'm the day, I'm the day / I can show you the way / And look I'm right beside you"

The mod decreed that all lakes were coast. This meant less food than normal lakes, but ...
insane-wb-suggestion.png

You get the "opportunity" to build naval units. Sure I'll build a work boat!

(I did however avail myself of the opportunity to build the Great Lighthouse and Colossus in a very high production city.)

We're told that animals can't enter our cultural borders. Barbarian cities, on the other hand ...
civ4-wolf-in-city.png

they have pets just like we do! (See the wolf at bottom center, to the right of the clams.)

Not sure what causes it, but this mod also makes hostile villagers go for a brisk wade in the ocean. Maybe that's why they're so mad!

barb-in-water.png

Top Bottom