1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by werdna, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

Lady liberty looks a bit out in the cold here and in distinct danger of causing a rail accident. :)

liberty0000.JPG

2. KMadCandy

KMadCandy giggling permanoob

oh my! i'm picturing that railroad as a subway line and sure hoping it's a covered one. my mother would not approve if the passengers could look up lady liberty's "copper britches" as a canadian crazy man i know called her once.

3. Kissamies

Kissamies Prince

She should go hang out with the Colossus.

4. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

No what's really funny is that she doesn't notice the
    Colossus right behind her. What do you think would be her first move if she did?

5. Rancid Sushi

Rancid Sushi Last year's catch

It would be love at first sight. They'd get married and have lots of little monuments together.

6. KMadCandy

so i'm playing a game right now designed to get several boxes on my hall of fame out list of the way... emperor difficulty, domination win since i guess i haven't turned one in yet, highlands map, and being brennus (since his UU and UB totally don't interest me). i picked future start, duel size, just me and asoka, figured he'd not beat me up too badly. i'm just pumping out settlers and running an artist everywhere from merc + eiffel tower. all is going well. i should win in about 5 turns.

i just got this message ...

asoka, honey, babe, darling ... the internet gives all techs known by 2 civs ... there are only 2 of us in the first place, F8 will show you that if you check. and you already KNOW all of the techs! the *only* tech you have been able to research since the game started was future tech. and, the internet is a project, not a wonder, so it's not even going increase your score, if that was your goal for some bizarre reason. what a waste of time you silly thing! but hey, fine with me, if you don't want to kick my butt or make a space ship, knock yourself out. maybe he's just a big al gore fan.

7. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

That is pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHHAhahahahahha

8. KMadCandy

he ended up building apollo the very next turn, and i won two turns after that.

i tried coming up with all kinds of theories. like maybe he was killing time while finishing up research before he could start apollo ... oops that doesn't work. he wasn't just using some random GE, it's a project so it can't be rushed. i guess he was just distracted by the 'ooooooh shiny' factor, and a bit put out that i kept beating him to spots to settle.

this definitely tops catherine building the kremlin when she's not running universal sufferage, which i've seen her do many times. silly girl.

9. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

if i can i usually try to build the internet just to keep it out of the AIs hands

10. KMadCandy

sometimes that's logical. but in this game we were the only 2 civs, so he'd never gain any techs from it. in addition, it was a future start, so we already knew all the techs, so it wouldn't have helped, even by a denial factor, if there were 18 civs. it was a total waste of hammers! bizarre.

11. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

Which just highlights why a human player can win emperor and above games where the AI has quite a lisat of advantages. The programming of "AI" in Civ has not quite gone that far yet ;) "AS-I" is closer! The only immortal game I've ever won (it was a GOTM) I managed to win because Asoka studied composites before fusion allowing me to get a head start on building the space ship engine and finish before him - he wasn't even at war so why on earth did he want to study composites before fusion? That's the AS-I factor :)

12. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

:rotfl:

I have seen "running" units during battles, but nothing like that.

13. dl123654

dl123654 King

Got this one when playing "Ryne and Fall of Civilization"

It turns out that city he wanted to give culturally flipped to me that turn, but since he didn't own it, it said nothing.

14. KMadCandy

awesome! so i guess that means the people in the city respected you (way more than they did him), but he himself didn't and wanted to rub it in your face by offering nothing. what a brat!

15. trundle

trundle Warlord

Doesn't the Kremlin also reduce the population cost for whipping?

Anyway, I often find myself building the Kremlin when I'm under representation (esp. if I have a GE laying around), if I'm still in the midst of transitioning to a CE. But somehow I suspect the AI doesn't have that much foresight. =P

16. KMadCandy

i did a quick forum search and turns out you're right about the whip benefit of the kremlin too. i had no idea about that one, i've seen other people laugh at cathy doing it not under US and it just didn't occur to me about the other rushing, i'm never in slavery that late in the game. thanks, you taught me something!

i didn't need a search to know that you're right about your last sentence *giggle*.

17. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

Interesting. I have only played Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.

:rolleyes:

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

The Kremlin is a Russian Wonder (Russians built in in the RL). So it shows that Cathy finds some foregin nation building the Kremlin intolerable. She is a patriotic girl! :)

And in this screenshot from Rhye's and Fall Cyrus survived to the Industrial age? Amazing. In my games, he is always conquered by the Arabs and never respawns.

19. aronnax

Here is another wine supply adequect

20. aronnax

Everyone was at war with dear genghis, so he decided to assemble all his troops on my border, I obliverated the army and did not lose a single unit. A sucidal battle by dear Uncle Genghis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.