Future Cities!

The mod_eu.nif consists of several NiNodes. In each NiNode are two nifs, one for the building and one for the shadow.

The good thing is: It's easy to change the dds for the shadow texture.

1. copy the shadow dds and rename it.
2. open the nif in the nifviewer
3. open a NiNode
4. click on the shadow and make it use the new dds.
5. save everything.

Now, EVERY shadow in EVERY NiNode uses your new shadow.dds;)

im glad you like it. the damn texture file is 256X512! the thing is huge and has all the buildings on one map! i started to get creative with GIMP

in hate textures smaller than 256² ;) good job

The mod_eu.nif consists of several NiNodes. In each NiNode are two nifs, one for the building and one for the shadow.

The good thing is: It's easy to change the dds for the shadow texture.

1. copy the shadow dds and rename it.
2. open the nif in the nifviewer
3. open a NiNode
4. click on the shadow and make it use the new dds.
5. save everything.

Now, EVERY shadow in EVERY NiNode uses your new shadow.dds;)

:D that is exactly what i did :D , but the problem is not here, in the nifviewer, the nif is OK, and had the rights textures.
But in the game, all the buildings have the same texture.
In my first attempt, i added 3 buildings in the mod_eu.nif, with their own textures and shadows. When i load a game, the majority of the improvements have the mod_eu.dds texture, but some have other textures (buildings added, shadows).
I saw in scene viewer, each time you save a nif, each time that add a node, maybe that come from that...

Thanks a lot, GarretSidzaka, for your great artwork :goodjob:

After some work, 3 nif creation, i can use it correctly in geneticEra ONLY...

For others users : the all_mod_lot.dds is used by the game for industrial, modern and future eras, and the eu_mod_building.dds for modern and future eras.
So, if you want use these only in modern and future, you have to copy the mod_city_lot.nif in your mod folder, rename it, attribute a new texture (renamed all_mod_lot.dds). and finaly, change the CIV4CityLSystem.xml.
I saw the cities improvements (hamlet/village ...) used the same .nif file than the cities, so, if you do what i said, you will have same cities art and improvement art... (that seem too black on the map ^_^)

maybe that can help someone :scan:

Thanks GarretSidzaka,
Dubmetender

Hello.

Could you share your suburb/sprawl/metropolitan improvements' graphics and info how to use it?
I would like to implement that concept in my mod.

Big thanx in advance.

well, what comes in the download is a reskin of the european cityset. if you replace the default ones with these in a mod, they will look like this. i dont have any individual improvements per se, as the ones in the pictures are the space elevator, and the nukyular power plant.

your welcome, i wish i could explain more, but you really have to check the tutorials section of the forum to learn this stuff, and it is well worth the time to read them :D

This is great! There was a conflict with other eras though.

Top Bottom