G&K: Espionage and Social Policy button don't respond

shaglio

The Prince of Dorkness
I was playing last night and I went to open up my Espionage screen using the button on the top right and it wouldn't open. I then tried to open it by selecting the Espionage Overview from the drop-down box and it still didn't open. So I tried to open up my Social Policies from the top right button and it wouldn't open either.

I saved my game and reloaded it and everything worked out fine afterwards.

The same exact thing happened to me too. Except I could not open the religion screen either.

I also saved and re-loaded and then everything worked okay.

I think this can be confirmed.

Solution (until it gets fixed): When you view foreign cities where your spy is working, click the large button marked "View" in the upper right of the espionage screen, vs. the little magnifying glass next to the city's name. It works fine then. :)

Solution (until it gets fixed): When you view foreign cities where your spy is working, click the large button marked "View" in the upper right of the espionage screen, vs. the little magnifying glass next to the city's name. It works fine then. :)

Thanks, but that wouldn't have worked for me because I couldn't even get the Espionage Screen to open.

Thanks, but that wouldn't have worked for me because I couldn't even get the Espionage Screen to open.

That should have read upper left. And I was assuming that the issue occurred after you'd opened it once & then viewed an AI city; that's what happened to me & how I eventually got around it.

That should have read upper left. And I was assuming that the issue occurred after you'd opened it once & then viewed an AI city; that's what happened to me & how I eventually got around it.

Oh, ok. I'll have to remember that next time. I had previously viewed another city before the incident occured.

Yeah I can confirm this bug. It's happened several times in a single sit down. The only "solution" I've found is that reloading the game will make it disappear, so all you need to do is save, quit to menu and reload.

It is annoying as hell though

Top Bottom