G-Major 12

really? I believe you mean: "I am still not first!" ;)

PS 1625 - good result!

Have I ever lie to you? I stand correctly as I said "near the bottom of the list". Since I didn't lie and you don't believe that you hearing is the truth, by deductive reasoning, this means: we weren't talking about the same list.

Now, what list I was referring to? The HOF list of course. Since there are 10 slots on the HOF list (1 is the best, 10 is the last, and 5 is the middle), anywhere above 10 and below 5 is considered as near the bottom of the list.;)

I'm sorry! There are no questions to you now!))) Oz made the same mistake as me.

PS I think that you need another game settings to achieve the top slot. I mean game speed and map. As for me, I'll choose marathon and inland sea.

Hy Guys!

Please sombody confirm that next monday (25/06/2007) I will still have chanche to upload for this gauntlet as in that cas I am goint to play on this Sunday as well.

Hy Guys!

Please sombody confirm that next monday (25/06/2007) I will still have chanche to upload for this gauntlet as in that cas I am goint to play on this Sunday as well.

Yes, you should be okay. The gauntlets don't end until we do the updates and they typically occur at night. Still, I wouldn't push your luck too much. ;)

My last run ended in 1601 AD - very bad planning on building the last two parts. Now, I know it can be done by mid 15xxAD because I was done with my research by mid 15th century.

I got 1835AD. Not outstanding, but more annoyingly just a few turns off my own target time (I was going for 2/3 turns = 440 and ended with turn 445).

I warred all the other civs until Gandhi was left with an island tundra city without food resources :lol:
Again, I need to disband more cities. It's heartbreaking, but I need to let good cities go too, cause the Manitenance per city is just killing me.

I prob won't have time to finish the second minor :( Still, the first minor and the major were good fun :)

My first GMajor and my first Monarch space win as well - 1815. I was surprised it showed up in the top 10. Lots of ways to improve! but no more time for this major. :sad:

I got 1835AD. Not outstanding, but more annoyingly just a few turns off my own target time (I was going for 2/3 turns = 440 and ended with turn 445).

I warred all the other civs until Gandhi was left with an island tundra city without food resources :lol:
Again, I need to disband more cities. It's heartbreaking, but I need to let good cities go too, cause the Manitenance per city is just killing me.

I prob won't have time to finish the second minor :( Still, the first minor and the major were good fun :)
With all those extra workers I start cottaging everywhere to get some income when my economy starts to crash. Usually, I hit 0 gold and 20% science and take that as a sign to switch my ecomony. It cuts the flow of units and conquered cities but that's about the time you have to start looking at more powerful units anyway.

Of course, you have to research the techs before it falls apart. ;)
My first GMajor and my first Monarch space win as well - 1815. I was surprised it showed up in the top 10. Lots of ways to improve! but no more time for this major. :sad:
Congratulations! :clap: It always nice to check off a few QM requirements with one game. :D

ok, I got my SpaceShip launch at 1746 AD. Just wondering how ppl can finish researching and launch in the 16xx AD. I had about 10 cities and I kept at almost 100% research after researching economics. My reseach rate was just not that fast, the greatest beaker I acquire per turn is about 2400, and it takes at least 5-8 turns to research modern tech. I launch my spaceship about 12 turns after fusion, the last tech for the SS part.

ok, I got my SpaceShip launch at 1746 AD. Just wondering how ppl can finish researching and launch in the 16xx AD. I had about 10 cities and I kept at almost 100% research after researching economics. My reseach rate was just not that fast, the greatest beaker I acquire per turn is about 2400, and it takes at least 5-8 turns to research modern tech. I launch my spaceship about 12 turns after fusion, the last tech for the SS part.
Well, I had 18 cities in my 1574 AD game, and IIRC I was at 70% research after Economics. After Factories I simply set a few cities to build wealth, the rest - research, and raised the slider to 100%. In the end I was making ~5000 beakers per turn (Future Tech in 4-5 turns). I finished my last part 2 turns after researching the last tech. I miscalculated a bit, and should have finished 1 turn earlier.

Just wondering how ppl can finish researching and launch in the 16xx AD. I had about 10 cities and I kept at almost 100% research after researching economics.

10 cities - it is a very small amount of cities for cosmic win.

Look at my cities (I used more than 20 cities for current map):

wow, your capital is producing 835 beakers per turn, no wonder you launch so fast.

I also see that you are building the heroic epic...

wow, your capital is producing 835 beakers per turn, no wonder you launch so fast.
... in the middle of a Golden Age. :)

But seriously, it's not the capital you should be looking at, it's the rest of the cities. The capital can be set up to produce 500-600 beakers during the Renaissance era. That's the rest of the cities which are important in the end. If you have 10 cities producing an average of 150 bpt each, that's one thing.

If you have 20 such cities, that's a different thing. Of course, to make them work you should start very early, sometimes going as low as 20-30% research, and rush to Democracy/Emancipation.

I like to get Democracy with Liberalism, then switch immediately to Emancipation, Free Religion, and Free Speech. This time I got it in 695 AD.

I did a lot mistakes playing this game. One of them: very slow expansion. My research did not fall below 50%. In this game I got Computers by Liberalism.
AI did not help me at all. All tech I studied unassisted. - It's one of reasons why I did not finish my game before 1500AD.
At 5AD my research was 6xx bulbs, at 1000AD it was 2000 bulbs.

In this game I got Computers by Liberalism.
But was it worth to delay Liberalism for that long?

No Liberalism means no Free Religion for +10% research, but more importantly, no Free Speech benefit of +2 commerce from Towns. Also, civic upkeep difference, which with that # of cities is something like 15 gpt less compared to Bureaucracy.

Top Bottom