G-Major 12

But was it worth to delay Liberalism for that long?

No Liberalism means no Free Religion for +10% research, but more importantly, no Free Speech benefit of +2 commerce from Towns.

unfortunately there is no opportunity to replay my game in another style :D

I used orgreligion and slavery to accelerate usefull buildings. As I played through cottages - there was no enough hammers in my cities.

PS 2 Infantry#14
You can look at my capital screenshot - it was posted one or two pages previously in this topic.

I used orgreligion and slavery to accelerate usefull buildings. As I played through cottages - there was no enough hammers in my cities.
Well, I do exactly the same thing. :)

But what I'm trying to tell. Suppose you get Computers (like 10 turns worth of research) with Liberalism (2 turns), this way saving yourself 8 turns. However to get to Computers you need a long line of techs Astronomy -> SM -> Physics -> Electricity -> Radio, which is by itself like 30 turns or something.

Now if you get Something with Liberalism early, like Astronomy (5 turns), you save only 3 turns, but you get Liberalism's own benefit like 25 turns earlier.

I myself usually do not rush to Scientific Method, because it cancels GL and Monasteries. Now, a monastery for +10% research is worth only 60 hammers, and 3 monasteries worth 180 hammers for +30% research is better than a lab for +25% research worth 250 hammers.

For this reason I really like to research Assembly Line and Railroad before SM, and only then rush to Computers after Physics and Biology.

In this game I also made some serious mistakes, but it was all about conquests, not teching. :) Like I captured one of the capitals with 12 floodplains 1000 years later than I should. I was struggling to build a library in this city around 1000AD while running Representation/Emancipation (no rush option.)

Just checked the civic upkeep in my 1070 AD save.
If I run Bureaucracy + Org.Rel (both High upkeep), I'm paying 158 gpt. If I run Free Speech + Free Rel. (both Low Upkeep), it's only 121 gpt., which means I'd have to go down to 60% research from my present 70% w. +14 gold positive, if under Bureaucracy/Org.Rel.

Well, I do exactly the same thing. :)

But what I'm trying to tell. Suppose you get Computers (like 10 turns worth of research) with Liberalism (2 turns), this way saving yourself 8 turns. However to get to Computers you need a long line of techs Astronomy -> SM -> Physics -> Electricity -> Radio, which is by itself like 30 turns or something.

Now if you get Something with Liberalism early, like Astronomy (5 turns), you save only 3 turns, but you get Liberalism's own benefit like 25 turns earlier.

I myself usually do not rush to Scientific Method, because it cancels GL and Monasteries. Now, a monastery for +10% research is worth only 60 hammers, and 3 monasteries worth 180 hammers for +30% research is better than a lab for +25% research worth 250 hammers.

For this reason I really like to research Assembly Line and Railroad before SM, and only then rush to Computers after Physics and Biology.

In this game I also made some serious mistakes, but it was all about conquests, not teching. :) Like I captured one of the capitals with 12 floodplains 1000 years later than I should. I was struggling to build a library in this city around 1000AD while running Representation/Emancipation (no rush option.)

All your reasons are acceptable. As I was playing there were another reasons.

For example:
I researched all posibble tech before Asronomy and SM exept DR))) I am too late research Asrtonomy as I was waiting for AI research at least Compass to exchange with me. It was causa mortis...

does somebody know when the next update takes palce?

So is it possible to upload tommorow (26.06) morning for major 12 or not?

I would really appriciate a fast answer as I don't know whether I can play this gauntlet tonight or NOT?

Since HOF isn't working at the moment, is there any other way to submit a game before the deadline? Thanks.

Since HOF isn't working at the moment, is there any other way to submit a game before the deadline? Thanks.
The update is about 24 hours away, so just submit when the site comes back up.

Now to figure out why it's down...:(

The update is about 24 hours away, so just submit when the site comes back up.

Now to figure out why it's down...:(
Thanks! It's up now, but I keep getting the following errors:

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login authentication failed in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 196

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: You aren't logged in in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 197

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login authentication failed in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 200

Warning: ftp_site() [function.ftp-site]: You aren't logged in in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 201

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login authentication failed in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 196

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: You aren't logged in in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 197

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login authentication failed in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 200

Warning: ftp_site() [function.ftp-site]: You aren't logged in in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 201

Warning: rename(./files/unchecked/moonsinger1.CivWarlordsSave,./files/unchecked/7962_21199_Moonsinger_AD.CivWarlordsSave) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 321
Failed to rename from ./files/unchecked/moonsinger1.CivWarlordsSave to ./files/unchecked/7962_21199_Moonsinger_AD.CivWarlordsSave

Warning: rename(./files/unchecked/moonsinger2.CivWarlordsSave,./files/unchecked/7962_21200_Moonsinger_AD.CivWarlordsSave) [function.rename]: No such file or directory in /home/hofciv/public_html/civ4/include/submit.php on line 321
Failed to rename from ./files/unchecked/moonsinger2.CivWarlordsSave to ./files/unchecked/7962_21200_Moonsinger_AD.CivWarlordsSave
Thank you for submitting Moonsinger AD-1577.CivWarlordsSave.
Submitted: 2007-06-25 22:33:54

PS: Yes, I finally finished one by 1577AD. This probably is my last game with Civ4. I'm moving on to Space Empires V.

Yes, I finally finished one by 1577AD. This probably is my last game with Civ4. I'm moving on to Space Empires V.

Congrats! It's a worth game! Your game is very close to the best results in this gauntlet. As update is keeping off I think your game may be included.

PS it's a great pity to lose such strong opponent as you! Good luck!:)

Congrats! It's a worth game! Your game is very close to the best results in this gauntlet. As update is keeping off I think your game may be included.

Thanks! Yes, it's included. Congrats to all for trying and especially those that get it done before 1600 AD.:goodjob::hatsoff:

hmm.. there is no update so far.. my first result is beaten today.. :sad:
(it was submitted about 10 days ago).

is it possible to play another game for this gauntlet? :lol:

Who knows when the update will really occur? :confused:

The recent server outage as well as my last two R/L days made a slight mess of things. An update tonight is very likely.

hmm.. there is no update so far.. my first result is beaten today.. :sad:
(it was submitted about 10 days ago).

is it possible to play another game for this gauntlet? :lol:

I was planning on playing another but being out of town and hectic work has made it impossible to start on another game. Any chance we can push the update back til Sunday or are people clamoring for a new gauntlet?

Killercane, I guess I am clamouring for a new gauntlet. I finished these two ages ago and am now twiddling my thumbs waiting for GOTM 20, SGOTM5, and new gauntlets to start. I'm in a sort of void between games, so need something to get going on!

Hmm, that does sound a bit sad. Maybe I should get a life instead. :)

Top Bottom