G-Major 20

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Time (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Map Type: Fractal
  • Speed: Epic
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 1.74.002, 2.13.002 or 3.13.001
  • Date: 11th January to 10th February 2008
Must not play as Inca.
The highest score wins.
See G-Major 20 for details.

I might as well try this, it'll give me a reason to stop playing with unrestricted leaders and making every game illegal for HoF submission. :lol:

Me too. I need a GMajor, fractal map, epic speed and a time victory (and a lot more stuff, of course) for my QM. I think I'm using Mehmed here.

Besides the RL time and computing power required for getting a time victory in a large map, is there another challenging issue to complete this one that I am not aware of, as it is only warlord level?

BTW, along with the highland dom Gminor, I think I found a nice excuse to finally upgrade my 7 yr-old PC. :lol:

Besides the RL time and computing power required for getting a time victory in a large map, is there another challenging issue to complete this one that I am not aware of, as it is only warlord level?

:mischief:

BTW, along with the highland dom Gminor, I think I found a nice excuse to finally upgrade my 7 yr-old PC. :lol:

:D

Seriously though, I went with warlord as I was worried making it noble with the current settings may push the game to too long.

Hmm, I've been practicing TIME. One of my latest submissions is a Noble time on a Small map, and that took forever. But this might be a good chance for me to finally complete a Major Gauntlet. This will be a test of patience I think. And if I accidently get a Domination win late in the game I'll probably kill myself :)

Edit: I notice that you picked a category where there are NO submissions to the HOF

This reminds me of G-major 10, just on an easier level :lol: For anybody planning on playing this one, I'd recommend reading the G-major 10 and G-minor 12 thread. Especially the G-minor 12 I think as it has a ridiculous win posted by The-Hawk. Very educational stuff (I think he got 200+ future techs). Oh and be careful of domination :)

Edit: Methos... you included a link to the game itself in the g-major 20 thread.

Edit: Methos... you included a link to the game itself in the g-major 20 thread.

That link shows up in two places, this thread and the page at the hof site. So we have two choices, either the hof site page links to itself, or this thread links to itself. We chose the thread.

Maybe that'll be another addition to our 'To-Do' list.

After i finished the Prince time in Gmajor 10 as 3rd out of 4 :mad:, i'll try this one, probably as Mansa, but i can consider Lizzy or Fred.
Fractal can produce almost anything, i'll probably need some 40-50 turns to decide if regenerate or not.
Large use of marines in the late game, i must raise the dom limit, then eliminate all the AIs and left one in a tundra city.
Spamming settlers in the last turn is already planned!
Warlords or BtS? probably BtS, more wonders=higher score.
Take no prisoners! :evil:

What about Darius (Fin + Org) in BTS? Sushi Corp, for the extra food in all those cities!

Mmm I hope I get my new computer before time runs out. Large is way too large for this machine. (they promised 1-3 weeks)

Gotta reread that last time thread to remember everything.

-D

"I must raise the dom limit"???

This idea is new to me, how do you do that?
Sorry, it was late night when i posted, and i used a wrong word :blush: (remember, i'm an ignorant stranger) : i would mean "stay close to...".
For your info, being close to (the dom limit) is some 5% below, culture expands greatly in the second half of the game.
Usually the target is to complete the techs in the first half of the game, and use the second for the Future techs, which are the key for a high score, more than population.
Another important thing is to avoid a cultural victory: concentrate all your wonders in 2 cities, or spam them in every city, but carefully avoid to build them massively in 3 cities.
Don't build the SC, and if captured too soon, think about raze the city.
Not sure about BtS, with the overseas penalty, but it's a good chance to make some test.

I've learned a lot of things in Gmaj 10, and i got an HoF record (or more?... can't remember) in time games.

Darius can be an option, and Ramesses too.

@ Harbourboy:
I don't think those leaders fit: perhaps Louis being industrious.

Expansive gives you larger cities at the end of the game sooner. I doubt you'll need industrious at this level as you can conquer any wonders that you don't build yourself.

Another advantage of BTS is that you don't have to worry about the dom limit so much--just grant independence to an island and gift cities to it, as needed.

does building SS parts or those "projects" count as wonder score?

does building SS parts or those "projects" count as wonder score?
Usually i build the Apollo (don't know if it counts for score, just a thing to do), but surely not a single SS part.

Expansive gives you larger cities at the end of the game sooner. I doubt you'll need industrious at this level as you can conquer any wonders that you don't build yourself.
True (i don't forget you're the one who beat me in MG10) but some early wonder works better if you got them soon. Not a doubt for score, you can take what you want.

The last 5 points of the wonder score are also unobtainable, as far as Ican tell. I think it's for the palace but not sure. Religious buildings DO count as wonders, as do Corp. HQ in BTS. At this low of a level, the competition will be for generating the most future techs and pop. Wonders and land won't make that much of a difference (since everybody will be close to max on those two).

"I must raise the dom limit"???

This idea is new to me, how do you do that?

Actually you can, sort of - IIRC if you play with the minimum number of opponents the limit will be highest and will decrease the more you add.

This is a good one for me since I need a time and a fractal and a warlord and a 2nd major and I get to cross a civ off the LoN as well.

Top Bottom