G-Minor 135

Unfortunately, I used high sea level and she had too few cities to go free speech.

I have to say it is annoying that you have absolutely no influence on civics after pairing up for a PA. The best option is to try to bribe or espionage flip them the turn before the PA or use the UN.

Submitted a 1907. Could be better. I managed to pop 3 GS at 4% chanche, also we lost sistine and taj. Will defenetly try again

Bugio did you gift a bunch of GA's trying to get the partner to culture bomb the third city or did you settle them in the second city of the partner?
I haven't tried the culture bomb thing and in my last game had 15 GA's settled in the partner second city which seems so ineffecient.

It seems like the hardest part is getting your PA partner to go culture. I got a 1932 AD win by dragging Mansa Musa into the victory kicking and screaming. He did manage to build some culture multipliers in his two best cities, but I had to settle tons of GAs in his two cities; he never touched his slider.

Maybe having your PA partner research the last little bit of divine right to give him an extra religion would help out, assuming you can get your PA before someone else founds Islam?

Bugio did you gift a bunch of GA's trying to get the partner to culture bomb the third city or did you settle them in the second city of the partner?
I haven't tried the culture bomb thing and in my last game had 15 GA's settled in the partner second city which seems so ineffecient.

I settled 2 in his capital, and gifted 10 for the culture bomb. AI will always bomb his 3rd city if runnig 100% culture. Sometimes the AI just won't go culture, it's really annoying, but bombing is the way to go. To produce same culture at the same time you have to settle ga's more than 150 turns earlier, and you can't settle a few in the 3rd city and bomb others as the 3rd city will become 2nd. With that in mind going pa early has little importance, as non pa can force free speech with trades.

I improved to 1882, i believe 1850 is well possible, maybe even 1700s with a good map and pristine techpath/micro. I was still unlucky popping wrong great persons at ridicusly low odds.

The trick is to get to bio and NP fast without using scientist except for academy, that would allow you to grow a lot of GAs. Like i said, there is no point getting DP early, let alone PA. Keep bribing your future partner in free speech instead, while you research to radio. Radio is much more important than early PA, for the wonders unlocked and for era advancing which will increase the odds of partner running the culture slider. You should go PA when you hit radio and then drop research completely.
I found mansa and hatty really easy to get into culture mode once you PA, just make sure they research fission after you finished radio and also strip them of all the luxury resources, and gift them all the wonder/cathedral boosting resources they lack. The next turn they will drop the slider and won't be able to research fission in a million year, you go culture aswell and research something else, turning cottages into farms and building cathedrals.

Wonders to build:
1) oracle-->education (risky, getting CS is safer and would do almost as good)
2) oxford
3) NE
4) NP
5) Eiffel (if your partner doesn't start before you).
6) if you have marble, you can probably get sistine and taj.
To avoid too much GP pollution you should have at least 3 artist running all the time, so a playable start would be 8+ food surplus and some good commerce spot/ ( a combination of 6+ riverside grass/FP/gold/gem). Rest should be forest

I want to try a industrious partner now, ramsess/capac/luois and see. Since you bomb 3rd city the bottleneck is partner capital, and ind should have lot more wonders.

I just finished an early 1800s, and 1700s is possible. I don't build the oracle or Taj. I let the AI get those. In my game, Gandhi used Oracle for Philo. Free early Pacifism for me.

I can't decide if it's worth it to research MassMedia and build the UN, to force Free Speech. Gandhi didn't stay in FS for long. Now that I'm finishing earlier, I think no on the UN. The other problem with MassMedia is that it allows Broadcast Towers which are a waste of time if you're soon getting the E.Tower.

I like your tip about stripping the AI of luxuries. I never thought of that.

I'm finding this less frustrating that I remember. I guess we're learning (slowly) how to control the AI.

Congrats to the winners and thanks for sharing some strategy.

Top Bottom