G-Minor 17

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Race (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Archipelago
  • Speed: Normal
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 1.61.011 or 2.08.004
  • Date: 12th to 24th April 2007
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.
See G-Minor 17 for details.

space race on warlord eh?

quick question from a HOF noob lol

I assume that this is vanilla and warlords, since it does not specify...is this true? If not...which one is this for? :)

quick question from a HOF noob lol

I assume that this is vanilla and warlords, since it does not specify...is this true? If not...which one is this for? :)

This entry tells you all:

• Version: 1.61.011 or 2.08.004

Read this as: Either Vanilla 1.61 with the newest HOF-Mod or Warlords 2.08 with the newest HOF-Mod

Thrallia you must have missed it because your brain was fried after trying to read another one of my turn reports in SGOTM. :crazyeye:

This seems more interesting (and completable;) ) than major-10 was. I think for this major Eli is the optimal leader. In this map we need as much trade routes as possible, building G Lighthouse seems easy. In this map not to difficult making a contact with the others if you choose low water and archipelago land mass.

The beginning will be critical. How big land do you have, what do you find in the villages predestinates your possibilities of developing.

Maybe for G-minor it's a bit hard, but all in all our goal is easy, even if we had to solve it as soon as possible.

How would the winner be determined? One for vanilla and one for warlords? Or only one winner?

Small size, normal speed, I might just try this one (I haven't submitted anything for months after becoming QM :blush:)

Nice one, i think i'll try Archi/SC, it better fits with a medium size empire needed to fund the research.
Leader: financial for sure, undecided for the 2nd trait: Lizzy can be the best, but Mansa or Qin (vanilla) are interesting too.
GLH not optional, nor pyramids, nor GL... stone and marble have to be at hand.

at this level, you can still pop some settler from the GHs, or workers at best?

you can pop settlers from huts at this level. I have gotten two settlers so far on this gauntlet. It's a rather relaxing gauntlet (like 2 hours for a game?) - just fill the world with peacemongers and you don't need any troops in your cities. I haven't used mapfinder to get better maps yet, so there's definitely room for improvement but my first run was 1874 AD. I messed up my tech tree horribly that game, as I was unsure how far the AI will tech on its own. Unless you start gifting advanced tech, don't expect the AI to reach rocketry on its own. The most advanced civ was around combustion/industrialism, but the most backwards asked me for replaceable parts at the end of the game.

I'm also not sure that mapfinder will actually help too much in this game, as the starting continent is more important than the starting city itself. I was definitely production limited towards the end (even though I built the elevator and labs everywhere).

i already finish my game, but not very satisfy with the result. Can I play another with a different map and post the best result?

i already finish my game, but not very satisfy with the result. Can I play another with a different map and post the best result?

With gauntlet games you can play and post as many games as you are able to play. The main thing you need to keep in mind is that you cannot play more than once with the same map. Create a new map each game with the settings required for the gauntlet and play until your hearts content.

Just a suggestion, but I'd submit every game that fulfills the requirements, no matter how bad.

Just a short notice:
You can look at the differences in difficulty by opening your CIV4HandicapInfo.xml
It is in the folder ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\GameInfo
for Warlords, vanilla is similar.
Looking up the chance for a settler should lead to 1/20=5% on warlords difficulty.

Do settings not specified (i.e. no barbs) have to remain standard, or can we chose are own setting? (obviously assuming the setting we chose is HoF acceptable)

I have started the game too. My only target is, to solve the given task. The highscore is from secondary importance for me.
The first sixty turns were easy... I have enough ressources and I am trying to build a scientific society. But I don't know, whether the choice of my civ and my leader are fitting.
I am playing the Germans and Bismarck.

Top Bottom