G-Minor 35

wow, I think I need to start spamming settlers sooner. Perhaps build Stonehenge sooner also, so that I can get access to chariots and axes faster. I don't like it when the AI is able to whip 2 archers to stop my attack and then I fail because I only had 5 axes and got bad odds.

As someone pointed out earlier, Stonehenge only gives +1cpt while running a single artisit give +4cpt and an expansion in 4 turns.

Shyuhe's 1875BC is still the mark to beat and needs a pangea map to come close to that date. I'm starting to think a worker from a GH is more valuable than a settler with the ability to walk into cities.

One early settler is useful for claiming horses (if it's not already in a bfc). Otherwise, I agree that workers are more useful since you can capture more cities with a warrior. Heck, even a warrior may be more useful than a worker at this level...

I built SH because the cities I captured wouldn't pop borders otherwise. I'm not sure if it was a wise decision though as it took a while to build it.

:eek: Worker(s) from GH rule. :eek:

Just played a game where I popped 2 workers from GH at the start, walked into 4 AI cities, hooked up copper, eliminated 4 more AI's, stationed settlers all over the map since economy was ruined and chopped the Oracle to get to COL. This one finished in 1725bc. If I hadn't wasted some turns trying to research COL before realizing chopping the Oracle was much faster, I probably would have finished before 1875. All my fighting was done by 2150bc in this one, the rest of the game was trying to get to COL.

This wasn't a pangae map so I think I can do better, but 2 GH workers will be hard to top.

Do you pick civs without hunting to maximise goody hut chances? My tactic was to kill scouts on sight but I never had good luck with huts (a worker or a settler at best per game).

I must have another go at this after getting BtS.

Do you pick civs without hunting to maximise goody hut chances? My tactic was to kill scouts on sight but I never had good luck with huts (a worker or a settler at best per game).

I must have another go at this after getting BtS.

This was my best GH game so far. Opponent wise I picked them all as non-protective. Didn't want to see extra defensive archers. I usually only get to pop 2 or 3 GH at the most and those are usually right at the starting settler area.

I just did random opponents, but went for any protective civs first of anyone I couldn't just walk into.

I think I have no chance of beating 1875BC, or even 1725...my goal is simply to beat 1000BC, I generally finish my fighting around 2000-1500BC, but it takes me forever to build my settlers. My 675BC game, I took so long I was able to research at 20% to Music and then bomb a GA.

I find artists to be fast for border expansions, but for most of the game, only my capital will have a BFC if I dont get Stonehenge early, and that leaves me with little chance of having horses or copper to hook up.

I can definitely see workers as being more helpful than settlers though, since workers are the sticking point in my production.

wow...I did better than I thought I had a chance of doing...1475BC :D

I only took out 1 AI by walking into its capital, but I got 1 settler from a GH, settled it next to 2 AI, got horses in my capital's BFC, and built a total of 8 warriors and 5 chariots. I took out the other 6 AI on my continent before any of them could build a single unit other than warriors and workers. Only Spain had more than 1 warrior in its capital. CoL researched before 2000BC, all fighting done by 2000BC, then spammed settlers using artists for the border pop.

I never built Stonehenge, as I had been, and I think that the 4 chariots I built instead made the difference in time.

so...Denniz, when does the update happen? :D

I'm actually in the top 3, so hopefully you can get to it soon before someone else knocks me out of it :rolleyes: :D

What?????

After rather mediocre results in xOTM-games, I took 3rd place in my very first gauntlet! :D :woohoo: :dance:

Many thanks to those who posted their strategies and ideas in this thread! :goodjob:

I used them to get this result :blush:; I only submitted this game a few hours before the deadline, and didn't have the time to join the discussions. I'll try to change that for the next gauntlet, though ...

Top Bottom