G-Minor 37

I tried another of these last night, seemed to be going quite well though my first missionary to Liz failed to spread Judaism (she was my last target too since she loves to spread religions herself). Still, by the time I was getting to my first vote it was 1000 AD or later. Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as some of y'all.:(

Good infos. Ive got problems on voting.

I cant get them to vote me and apprently you play it selfvote right? Do you use some tricks to get others pick some other relig so they dont get double votes?

I think only way I could get those is to get both hindu and juda. Switch to juda and meanwhile spam hindus. Hope for some dumbie to spread buddhism and juda autospread to closests. But it takes time...

How many cities you aim for?

-D

I do not self vote. Well... I do vote for myself, but I rely on the AI votes too.

I make them like me with tech trade and resource trade, but mostly shared religion. That means I will have an opponent, but I try to make my opponent someone who wouldn't vote for me anyway.

My test game was 1 city finishing at 500 BC. For this gauntlet, 2 cities is better. There's just no time or need to have more cities than that.

My 300 AD win was with a start in a corner of the map. I guess I did pretty well considering. I'll try one more time, and regen the map until I have a good production city that looks to be in the center. If I manage a BC win, I'll be very happy.

I do not self vote. Well... I do vote for myself, but I rely on the AI votes too.

I make them like me with tech trade and resource trade, but mostly shared religion. That means I will have an opponent, but I try to make my opponent someone who wouldn't vote for me anyway.

My test game was 1 city finishing at 500 BC. For this gauntlet, 2 cities is better. There's just no time or need to have more cities than that.

Ive tried that 1-2 cities approach but for some reason I fail to get enough votes. Relations do not add to friendly, relig/open borders/trading is not enough and if I add civs that give bonus for monarchy/org relig they get it with eachother and then they get friendly around +6 and vote each other, ungh! Do you spread more than 1 missionary (ie make closest ones have more votes and reduce effect of opponents votes+increase bonus for shared relig)?

What civs you use (own/others)? Tried to use monty or some other easily aggressive that picks relig early to make war but usually others get mad with this tactic as I have to trade with them to get missionary in...

Wonder if theres enough time to try it more, I can usually pull only few games per gauntlet and if it doesnt go well in those I fail due time limit.

-D

I like Bismarck, Capac, and Augustus for this one. I play against the usual peaceful civs, the civs with shared civics you mentioned work well. Zara is unique because he is the only one with a +2 base attitude.

I only have time for 1 missionary each. If I know my opponent already has a size 4 city with my religion, then I try for a size 3 city instead of the usual size 1 if it's someone I think will vote for me.

I actually don't know what will happen if two civs are tied for the most votes. Do you vote 3 way? that would be bad. Haven't seen that yet. I have a theory that the vote skips a turn or two until there is only 1 opponent, because sometimes the vote comes in 9 years and sometimes 10.

My last game, I had Shaka vassalize two civs, but thaey didn~t vote for me when he did. Oh well, I went to war whenever he did and I finished a few 100 years sooner than the other game.....still need to shave off another millenia or so.

I am going totally warmonger on the next tome. I did that with Monty on the Boreal Religious Gauntlet a while back.

I ran into some kind of bug. I had my religion shared with all opponents, 3 of them were friendly, 4 had my (and the AP's) religion. But no voting. No I did not have too much population. When I checked the Members tab on the victory screen, no number of votes were listed besides all the members.

Sigh, might have had a BC win too. Perhaps I did too much regeneration looking for a map that was centered. Next time I'll be sure to quit and restart the program with the first turn.

Finally, if it gets accepted a 375 BC win.

I dont' know where it is in the list of wins yet, but my 300 AD one was number five.

Things I did different to accelerate the process:

1. didn't worry about self voting myself the win, tried to win friends and influence people.

2. Chose non industrious and non spiritual AI's.

3. Went for early Hinduism. Someone always got Buddism but I was able to spread Hinduism faster resulting in 4 or 5 Hindu Civ's.

4. Once you get Theology, don't rush to build the AP. Since I was the only Industrious leader, I figured it was in the bag. First I made sure 3 missionaries were out and running towards the distant civs.

I was somewhat surprised with the win. None of the AI's were friendly, because of a poor start commerce wise, but good with food and production, I teched a bit slowly, so had less gifts for the AI's. But three of them voted for me even though they were only Pleased.

Edit: yay, accepted!

I've finished my 1st try ... but it was only a 680AD Victory :( , with Ramesses using Christianity.

Oracled Theology in 1240BC, had the AP built in 600BC, but it took me Ages to get my missionaries to the 6 rivals. No spreading failed, though. Won the 1st vote where Victory was possible, spreading the Religion in 3 of my cities, and converting to Christianity on the final turn ...

Here I go for another try ... :mischief:

This Gauntlet is Finished. It was won by WastinTime with a date of 825 BC, pholtz was 2nd with 375 BC, and jesusin 3rd with 200 BC. Contratulations!

Congratulations, WastinTime. :goodjob:

Denniz: Isn't there a HOF of the HOFer's, where I can see who's won more Gauntlets in the past? My ego is a bit low this days, you know? And even if I am not among the best...

This Gauntlet is Finished. It was won by WastinTime with a date of 825 BC, pholtz was 2nd with 375 BC, and jesusin 3rd with 200 BC. Contratulations!

Congratulations WastinTime, easy winner (two submissions on first and second position), and everyone who play this gauntlet.

Congratulations, especially to WastinTime; clear Victory :king:

But good games by pholtz, jesusin, karmina and Gussicurtis as well, you have clearly beaten my time :goodjob:

Denniz: Isn't there a HOF of the HOFer's, where I can see who's won more Gauntlets in the past? My ego is a bit low this days, you know? And even if I am not among the best...
We don't really have that listed anywhere. I was considering adding a list showing how many #1 spots each player has. I'll look at including Gauntlets as well when I get to it.

thx gang, Let's see if I can recall my strategy...

Bismarck. I think the capitol built :
Warrior, Worker, Settler, Worker, Missionary X 4, Ap.Palace, Missionary.

City 2 does not grow beyond size 1 and built: Oracle, Missionary X 3.

Planning the missionaries routes was an interesting challenge for this map.

Top Bottom