G-Minor 37

You haven't got a normal speed entry, yikes! (Unless by fill you mean 2 of each).

I used mostly warlord-prince level games for my QM, and apparently, quite a few duel size maps :blush:...but since i am now a monarch level player, I see no reason to play any HOF games under monarch so that they all work for my EQM monarch level :)

Surprised at seeing only three entries in this Gauntlet at the moment. I have submitted two, neither one has been looked at yet. My second submission was an AD 300 win, so I bettered my 560 win by a bit, still working towards a BC win. In this latest one I was Augustus and spread religion by gifting cities. I guess to get a BC win, you need to spread by missionary only?

It's really weird, I haven't been able to get another BC win either (since my very first attempt) despite many promising starts and optimized tactics. This gauntlet is cursed. Last game one of my last missionaries even walked into a huge undiscovered mountain range, costing me 10 or more turns. I rarely find the time to build more than one or two scouts.

And yes, it's all about missionaries. Getting the AP BC was never a problem, even when researching theo by hand.

Did anybody try to get MC and run Engineer while at the same time building Missionaries?

Did anybody try to get MC and run Engineer while at the same time building Missionaries?

For me, anyway, the bottleneck doesn't seem to be the building of the Palace. In fact, I am sometimes purposely delaying the building of the palace to build settlers or missionaries. Also, being able to have only three Missionaries active or being built at once seems to be the problem. So I'm not sure if getting an Engineer to speed up the Palace would help much, but then I'm only 4th out of 7 on the Gauntlet list.

In both my games researching Theology and building the AP has been faster than spreading the religion to all 6, so even if the proposed method lead to a faster AP it wouldn't improve my victory date.

Fun gauntlet. I didn't think the hardest thing would be getting them to vote for you, but before 500BC, it's hard to build up any + relations. Like open borders only get to +1 instead of +2. And shared religion is usually just +1 with most civs. If I were to replay my last map, I could finish at 900 BC, but I can't and I didn't. I'll have to be happy with what I got.

Several attempts failed because of random events. I previously thought these to me mostly harmless effects, but I kept getting -1 population. My last attempt was random events off.

I also changed up the opponents on this last one. Tossed out Washington, Sitting Bull, and Liz. Wash was probably the only one that had to go. He wouldn't vote for me with +8 relations.

This was a good way to knock off rainforest. I can't imagine playing that map again. At least they clear the jungle around where you start. I wasn't expecting that at first.

The slow moving missionaries hacking their way labouriously through the jungle with their holy machetes was definitely the constraining factor in this game, especially when they arrived at their heathen destination so exhausted that they failed to spark any interest in their religion, necessitating the despatch of one of their colleagues.

I played Bindy's chalenge #2 which was a rainforest map so I'm also not keen to give this a go just yet (even though I need a religious diplo). I'll probably give it a go soon though... sounds like a bit of luck is needed. I changed my mind about Saladin, Gandhi's fast workers have to be the biz for this surely. But I was hoping to save India for a higher level game (trying not to repeat civs too often until I fill my LoN).

Not sure fast worker is that important. One of my 600 BC games had no roads. I didn't even research wheel. If you're not on the far right or left of the map, it's best. Travelling from top to bottom is easy, 10-15 turns. I do recommend some roads, but just from you to the closest AI, and the next closest to that.

I think Industrial is pretty important. I played Bismark. I recommend trying Augustus.

Hmm, already done the Romans (Augustus in warlords though, not industrious - Bindy's first challenge in fact), and definitely want to save Fred (hence Germany) for a higher level game. Could be time to give one of those pesky French a go.

EDIT: Zut alors! The French start with wheel and agriculture. Could be handy.
EDIT2: Rome, meh. They start with fishing. Pretty useless on this map type.

Hmm, already done the Romans (Augustus in warlords though, not industrious - Bindy's first challenge in fact), and definitely want to save Fred (hence Germany) for a higher level game. Could be time to give one of those pesky French a go.

EDIT: Zut alors! The French start with wheel and agriculture. Could be handy.
EDIT2: Rome, meh. They start with fishing. Pretty useless on this map type.

Either mining or myst are more important to start with (try a civ that starts with both!) Otherwise you need BOTH to get to Mono quickly. I'd go Rome over French.

Well, India starts with both. Korea does too, but with such a small amount of tech required, financial isn't important.

EDIT: Mayans too. Hmm, maybe angry lad Pacal could be the one for me this gauntlet. Expansive is good for this map type.

has anyone got a BC date in yet?
My first attempt finished in 660AD from a very mediocre start position with rameses of egypt and i'd quite like to know how many turns i am off of the pace?
with a really good central start i think maybe i can better 660AD by a fair margin

I submitted 2 games in BC to fill my rainforest requirements. One of them I lost the first 2 votes and won the 3rd in 400 BC. The other game was much better.

Good infos. Ive got problems on voting.

I cant get them to vote me and apprently you play it selfvote right? Do you use some tricks to get others pick some other relig so they dont get double votes?

I think only way I could get those is to get both hindu and juda. Switch to juda and meanwhile spam hindus. Hope for some dumbie to spread buddhism and juda autospread to closests. But it takes time...

How many cities you aim for?

-D

Top Bottom