G-Minor 39

I got 1546 in my first try, but I made a list of 13 specific things to improve. On the other hand, I probably won't get such luck again (got a settler from a hut, got a free golden age from musketman quest etc.) I'll probably try once more, considering it takes me 4 or 5 days to play one game.

Edit: I guess this shows I have never played chieftain before. my "luck" doesn't seem too extraordinary now that I got 4 free settlers and a worker the next try.

I just posted a 1560AD game, my first space colony game in BTS so I'm happy with the date.

Never played with the corporations before. I founded the Mining corp in my capital and then sat on 2 Mining Executives until I was ready to start building space ship parts in other cities. Then I set-up mining franchises in my next 2 production cities. Not sure if this was the right move or should I have founded them right away and taken the extra gold for the capital which was also my main research city?

Could admins prolong this minor? For now the most of players have very slow finish 1300AD+ but Grey Cardinal have 7xxAD finish. May be we need additional time for trying... I also can't end my game in time... :(

Could admins prolong this minor? For now the most of players have very slow finish 1300AD+ but Grey Cardinal have 7xxAD finish. May be we need additional time for trying... I also can't end my game in time... :(

I'd do another attempt with an extended deadline, not that it would approach Grey Cardinal's date.

How about another similar Minor but on faster speed? Marathon is just too damn slow.

I would rather have another gauntlet with faster speed and a different victory condition :D

Btw, what are some good beeline paths for a fast space colony, and what are some techs to avoid? Not that I am new at space colony victory, it is usually a backup plan though :D

Two for and two against extending. Anyone else have an opinion?

I personally don't mind either way. I have finished all my attempts at this one. If you were to extend however, would a new minor still be put up?

Just a thought though: Isn't there a deadline for a reason?

Two for and two against extending. Anyone else have an opinion?

I'd rather have a minor I can *actually* finish (meaning I suck at this space race thing. I get to 1000 AD and am no where near Rocketry I just give up. I just don't get how to do it. Oh well)

Well, a little better on my second (and last) try, with 1406. I played like an idiot, though, including not noticing that I still had one more piece of the space ship to build and wasting 5 or 6 turns for no reason.

Marathon is brutal, though.

Of course, Marathon is very slow but allows the best date result.
For the best result you also need a better leader. But you don't really need a Gauntlet for this. :)

I would not mind, of cause, if the admins postpone the deadline for a couple of days to let you guys finish your games, but other than that I think gauntlets should be about trying unusual map settings, leaders, etc, which may not bring the best result, but leaves some room for experimenting and trying out different strats.

I think gauntlets should be about trying unusual map settings, leaders, etc, which may not bring the best result, but leaves some room for experimenting and trying out different strats.

good point! :)

For a future only: marathon gauntlets demand more than 2 weeks for playing.
So only very few players are able to play more than one attempt.

Top Bottom