G-Minor 94

Got a game going at this level with epic speed Darius. He has a chance to finish before 1000 AD. 700bpt at 10 AD. He seems to be eating this map alive.

Couldn't quite finish at epic speed before 1000 AD. Did launch the ship at that date for a 1150 AD win. 21 cities, 5 captured, 7 villages, 36 towns, 19 windmills, 83 watermills, 172 workshops, 0 markets, 0 banks (again.) Immortals got some action this time. Darius really likes the rainforest.

Last game. 1500AD with Gandhi. popped 3 settlers, which made the difference from the previous game. However, I played much worse and should have finished at least 5-10 turns faster. Lost one turn to not having copper. I has an entire GA left (12 turns) at launch. Thats 4 GP wasted! Could have started GAs earlier as well. I also wasted a bunch of early worker turns cottaging what ended up being my NE city. If I miss a medal that I would have gotten with a 1450AD finish...:cry:. Time to leave town for the weekend.:)

Tried a new speed with Darius on a rainforest, quick. First ever quick game. 1560 AD. That speed is quite different. 14 cities, 4 captured during a horse archer/musket war. Not going to try this map at marathon. Three speeds is enough!

Tried a new speed with Darius on a rainforest, quick. First ever quick game. 1560 AD. That speed is quite different. 14 cities, 4 captured during a horse archer/musket war. Not going to try this map at marathon. Three speeds is enough!
Yes, Quick is the "slowest" speed for Space Colony. Marathon should easily break 500AD.

In an attempt at dry humor, the different rainforest speeds with Darius:

Quick: build two scouts
Normal: build one scout
Epic: build no scouts
Marathon: not played ... delete scout?

THe game I played I dominated (not the victory condition, just did very well) early on because I poped FOUR settlers.

This was the first time I completed gauntlet game in time, but alas my submission was rejected for reloading when I didn't.

Looks like this gauntlet spawned interest in annointing Darius king of the large space colony map across all 4 speeds -- and all levels. With marathon already under his belt, he not only added normal speed but epic and quick as well. Of course one expects the fastest speeds to be at settler and that is where they now reside.

WvO can play the rainforest too. Got a little hooked on quick speed at different map sizes. Elizabeth can do well too. May give a non-financial civ a try or two. Yeh, the gauntlet is over but the rainforest lives on.

Top Bottom