game always stops at initialization!!

mitchhoopers

Chieftain
So I just downloaded and was oh so stoked to play a real spider Civ, but my game loading won't go past the initialization stage... any ideas?

Well, tried that but still no luck.. It just sits at initializing, playing the nice bagpipe music and making me suicidal...

help me out, somebody... I'm goin to Iraq tomorrow and I wanna have his fixed so I have something to keep me sane...

help me out, somebody... I'm goin to Iraq tomorrow and I wanna have his fixed so I have something to keep me sane...

What OS? Can you Alt-Tab away from the window? If so, check behind it for any message windows that may have popped up...

May sound obvious but... did you also patch FF after installing 050?

using Vista.. and I couldn't alt tab.. or even ctrl alt del... And i ran the downloads as they were on the website.. 050, then patch J... my FFH still works fine. I'm a try installing the whole thing again..

I posted the same problem in the bug reporting thread a few days ago. Never happened to me before until the J patch and I have played quite a bit of FF.

Open your .ini for Civ itself (CIV4_Config shortcut in the BtS folder) and set it up in there to use Windowed Mode (or ask you which to use each time you launch). Then you'll be able to see if there are strange popups or anything happening.

there isnt one, and this problem still persists.

Not meaning to necro or anything like that, but I'm also having this problem (currently on patch 'm' of FFH and 051 Fall Further). Was this ever resolved?

I installed just ff051 and patch c. I didn't install Fall From Heaven, but my thing loaded and played fine.

Top Bottom