Game Breaking Issues

I've only played about 1 1/2 games so far, so this is based on very limited experience; but I've been fairly well pleased with the AI's responses so far. I've had attacks [usually early, I admit], but generally I've seen the AI respond to my play similarly to what I would expect them to. If I'm friendly, they now tend to respond accordingly. However, I have not found automatic renewal of friendships or alliances as situations change throughout the game. I've had civs go from allied to friendly, but refuse to renew the alliance or the friendship, to neutral (or worse) and sometimes back to friendly and allied, generally depending on the changing situation. In my current game, I've had a very hard time getting one friend to ally with me, even though I joined in an emergency to reclaim his captured city, which I did and liberated to him. However, so far, I'm generally pleased with the current system and the way the various leaders seem to respond to my actions.

I'm glad you are pleased; I just wish I could say I have had the same experience. My hope was that the game made each playthrough unique due to the "map" dictating your necessity. This I had hoped would translate to the Diplomacy as it was to some extent in BNW. As it stands right now I can directly choose how to have the AI treat me where as I would also like the AI actions dictate what direction I should take. Unfortunately with the limited Diplomacy options as they are once a DoF is made, I cannot react; which makes diplomacy moot and forces me to either wait and become Khorne incarnate or Science/Culture/Religion myself to the endgame. I myself am a big diplomacy player and love to use intrigue and politics to manipulate the world/AI as I travel to my intended end goal. In Vanilla 6 and R&F, I managed to get some depth out of the Diplomacy aspects but not much. I feel though that with this expansion being aimed at Diplomacy, we have somehow gone backwards rather than forwards with what can be done in game. In the end this discussion will be reviewed by the devs hopefully and maybe a future patch or optimization will bring about a change.

Still if you are enjoying it, I am glad you are! :)

OK, certainly if that's how you feel you are entitled to that opinion (personally I was not impressed with Civ V at all and only played 33 hours of it compared to 900+ for Civ VI!).

Raising bug reports is an excellent option to get the Developer's attention but you might want to think about sticking to one issue per thread.

I am sitting at 771 for CiV BNW and 120 for GS respectfully, I just hope they add more in regards to the diplomacy, the new system has so many possibilities I just feel jilted that it is not being used to its potential.

My first game of GS I started out being friends with everyone and allies with a couple. Then I got tired of getting a stream of apostles sent down by Egypt, so I went to war and eliminated Egypt. Surprise, surprise, pretty soon I was being denounced all round. But then I got friends again with two of the AI civs. So mutability of relationships IS possible.

Top Bottom