1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Game crashes if I try to open with DirectX 12

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by leandrombraz, Nov 19, 2020.

1. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

It worked fine into I had to format my PC last week. I didn't play since then, before the Babylon update, so idk if what caused it is related to the update.

I didn't update my video drive for months, it was working fine, despite a lot of reports in the community that they have been experiencing crashes. Now I was forced to update it when I had to format my PC, so my first theory was that this was an issue caused by recent Nvidia drives. I tried installing an older drive (from march), it still crashes. I also tried to deactivate windows defender and I already verified the game files. I don't have any mods installed.

Other games are working just fine, btw. My GPU is Geforce 1060 6gb.

CivVICrash.png

Knightfall likes this.
  2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I got this answer from 2k support:

2ksupport.png

Did they change it back to beta now, to deal with issues added by this year's updates, or was it always in beta? I didn't change my hardware configurations, so why am I having troubles now, after years playing with DX12?

3. eurirusty

eurirusty Chieftain

I get the same issues with the user above. When I start the game, box appear in the left hand corner, "A crash has been detected". I have been playing Civ 5 for years. I purchased Civ 6 and it worked fine. Now, I cannot get the game to consistently work. I have removed the game and re-installed it. I have checked the integrity of the game files. I have restarted my PC. When I can get the game to run, play for several turns and the save it and exit the game. But when I attempt to play it again, Crashes. I am so done with this game because of the enormous frustration that I am experiencing now. Why is it, that when the game first came out, everything was fine. So why is it that it is now so unstable? For the past three weeks, I have been fighting with it. I cannot get any answers to correct this issue. I cannot get the game to consistently work. I have invested a bunch of money for this game, that is now not working. Can someone please help me diagnose the problems and correct them, so that I can play the consistently without it crashing.