[NFP] Game crashes if I try to open with DirectX 12

leandrombraz

Emperor
It worked fine into I had to format my PC last week. I didn't play since then, before the Babylon update, so idk if what caused it is related to the update.

I didn't update my video drive for months, it was working fine, despite a lot of reports in the community that they have been experiencing crashes. Now I was forced to update it when I had to format my PC, so my first theory was that this was an issue caused by recent Nvidia drives. I tried installing an older drive (from march), it still crashes. I also tried to deactivate windows defender and I already verified the game files. I don't have any mods installed.

Other games are working just fine, btw. My GPU is Geforce 1060 6gb.

CivVICrash.png

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0x0

Call Stack
-----------------------------------------------------
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

I got this answer from 2k support:

2ksupport.png

Did they change it back to beta now, to deal with issues added by this year's updates, or was it always in beta? I didn't change my hardware configurations, so why am I having troubles now, after years playing with DX12?

I get the same issues with the user above. When I start the game, box appear in the left hand corner, "A crash has been detected". I have been playing Civ 5 for years. I purchased Civ 6 and it worked fine. Now, I cannot get the game to consistently work. I have removed the game and re-installed it. I have checked the integrity of the game files. I have restarted my PC. When I can get the game to run, play for several turns and the save it and exit the game. But when I attempt to play it again, Crashes. I am so done with this game because of the enormous frustration that I am experiencing now. Why is it, that when the game first came out, everything was fine. So why is it that it is now so unstable? For the past three weeks, I have been fighting with it. I cannot get any answers to correct this issue. I cannot get the game to consistently work. I have invested a bunch of money for this game, that is now not working. Can someone please help me diagnose the problems and correct them, so that I can play the consistently without it crashing.

Top Bottom