game freeze at loading - with "sound loop"

lead341

Chieftain
Hi,

despite playing Civ 5 (the Steam Version) on a modern computer (8 GB Ram etc.) it happened today twice that when I tried to load a game, it froze and the sound started stuttering, like in a loop.
Is that a game issue or might this be a problem with my Ram? I was testing with memtest but everything ok so far.

greetings,

lead

No. I'm fairly sure it's not your RAM. Why it should be your RAM?
I think what you got is a CiV that crashes, the system hangs the process and the sounds keep looping.

Anyway: It's a system freeze or just the game? Can just close it with the task manager?
Maybe your save is corrupted?
Cheers.

thanks for your quick reply!
To me it seemed just a game freeze because I could switch back to desktop - only the sound issue remained (I had to restart in order to get rid of that stuttering sound loop)

Restart to get rid of the sound loop?
That's because the game remained in memory. Probably if you take a look at the task manager you will see that CiV it's still there, even after you closed it.
That sometimes happens to me (I always wonder why I hear ambient sound and it turns out that CiV somehow was in memory).

About the crash: Try an earlier save, if it loads without problem perhaps your save got corrupted. Else we'll see.

Top Bottom