Game keeps crashing at certain point

rcm

Chieftain
I attached the saved game file. For some reason, its crashing the instant I hit enter go to the next turn. :sad:

Can someone try and see if it does the same on their computer? And anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• Roberto AD-0286.CivBeyondSwordSave
    277.2 KB · Views: 73
I attached the saved game file. For some reason, its crashing the instant I hit enter go to the next turn. :sad:

Can someone try and see if it does the same on their computer? And anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Here, I fixed your game. The error here is the 'summon tiger' bug (see my bug thread compendium). Here, the tigers were from the Elohim army outside of Slane.

In this stack, there are 6 tigers. The crash will remain if there are 4, 5, or 6 tigers inthe stack. I eliminated 4 of the tigers, leaving 2 - and now the game is stable.

Unsolicited advice: In playing the Calabim, you probably want to cast your world spell earlier. It takes 2 population from all other players' cities (and adds two to yours). This spell then really puts an crimp, if the other players have cities of 3 - 5 people, they are badly slowed, and at that point the extra population gives your empire a big boost. Once a city is at size 10 and has a lot of special resources, taking 2 away does far less.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Roberto ADv2-0286.CivBeyondSwordSave
    277.1 KB · Views: 135

Is there a way that I can fix this myself if it happens again? I know you can delete units in the worldbuilder, but is there a way to find the tigers without having to look through every stack on the map?

Is there a way that I can fix this myself if it happens again? I know you can delete units in the worldbuilder, but is there a way to find the tigers without having to look through every stack on the map?

I start by eliminating Civ's - this way, you can see which Civ is having the problem. Most of the crashes come from barbarians near the Civ, but at least this localizes the problem. Once you can find the location, it is a lot easier to find the specific stack.

The tiger bug may be the most common, so start by seeing if someone has the Fellowship of Leaves religion and look for tigers.

The next two most common bugs are from hill giants and from elephants where two elephants are near each other (at least I think this is the issue).

Finally, there are a lot of bugs associated with cultural expansion to areas with barbarians, including lairs and the like.

So, basically, I use 'intelligent' trial and error!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom