Game Keeps Crashing, turn 220+

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
Well this is frustrating. Just when things were getting interesting. Game crashes every five to ten turns. I reload from an autosave but I usually loose several turns.

Can I get my ninety dollars back?

Hey,

I also noticed some late game crashes, very rare but it happens sometime. Try to decrease some graphics, play with strategical view. It might help.

My last two games have run into the "end of turn" crash. Really starting to not enjoy this game..

This happens often for me when using mods like YNAMP with mods that add extra civs. Trying to debug to find the cause of the issue is painstaking and involves adding mods 1 at a time and playing until about 1950 AD to see whether there's a CTD. Out of curiosity, is it happening to people just using the unmodded game too? I've gotten the impression from reading about the issue elsewhere that it's been with the game since launch and stems from a problem with how the game is accessing RAM or VRAM in an incorrect manner causing crashes (exemption access violation error, according to the crash dumps). If it is indeed a base game issue I'd be grateful to be able to drop the whole debugging thing and play with all the civs I want to use, which haven't thrown up any mod-specific errors or conflicts in the logs.

(incidentally, I play on the lowest graphics settings with an i7, 8gb ram, 4gb Nvidia gtx960 GPU)

My latest game has halted with a persistent crash when I click Next Turn at the end of turn 146. I don't use any mods, and haven't had this problem before, although I've been playing Civ 6 since it was released. I suppose I'll have to abandon the game, which is a pity, because it was going quite well.

Shortly before the crash, I'd suddenly got visibility of large chunks of the map that I hadn't explored, for no obvious reason, but I don't know whether this was related to the crash. It may be that there was some good reason for it.

My last two games have run into the "end of turn" crash. Really starting to not enjoy this game..

Yep same here, 4 of 5 games for me. Usually crash out in 1700s, my latest i managed to get to 1903. Really sucking the fun out of it as ive never managed to hit modern day.

Guys, remove all addons, and reinstall the game. With a new clean install I have not had any issues so far.

Top Bottom