Game loads, but no interface, cant access world builder or options

Ujsege

Chieftain
What it says. I can load the game (I am playing BTS, no mods), but when I enter the game there is no interface. When I click on a city there is no city screen. When I try to go to world builder, it brings up an empty menu where the world builder menu should be. I've included a picture of what I see in the game. I have tried everything I can think of. Deleted steam files, even reformatted my freaking hard drive. It's like a bunch of game components are missing from the steam version of the game that I have available so even why I remove it and download it again it is still doing the same thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (38).png
    Screenshot (38).png
    1 MB · Views: 66
Here's what World Builder looks like.

*And yes, I have tried alt+I.

Attachments

• Screenshot (39).png
    Screenshot (39).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
Maybe some or most of the Python scripts aren't in their proper location. Though I don't see why that would be the case with a clean installation ... Since I don't use Steam myself, I'm also not sure what the paths should be. From what I've read, this path
...\Steamapps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword
corresponds to the install directory of the disc/ GOG version. If this is correct, then for example CvMainInterface.py - the script responsible for displaying the HUD and city screen (though not the WB or Options screen) -, should be in there under Assets\Python\Screens. If you can locate CivilizationIV.ini and the Logs folder (the disc version places those under ...\My Games\Beyond the Sword, i.e. not in the install directory), then you could also try enabling Python error logging (LoggingEnabled=1) and consult PythonErr.log after launching a new game.

Top Bottom