1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Manager Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Chieftess, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

OK, just to post a note here.

It's time for me to leave the RPG world. I believe this game has far too many ill-defined rules. The important rules are so vague that we always need interpretation on the simplest move. The game is so Manager-driven that we always have to turn to them to know if our next baby step is going to be allowed. Problem is, the Managers are so sluggish in their response, that the players are left standing around with their thumb....never mind. You Managers can't have it both ways. Ignoring calls for rulings is just plain stupid (to quote a Manager). It's just to bizzare. If you want the entire game wrappedaround your little finger, then be here to determine the way things unfold. I am leaving the game. In the last RPG, the players had the most say as to what goes on. In this game it is too manager-driven. Three cheers for Shaitan and his great job of running DG2 RPG. THAT was a good RPG. Hasta la Vista, baby.

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

3. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Don't close this thread. I see no violation of the rules. Dis, if there is an actual rule violation, please post the rule it conflicts with, but as far as I can tell, anybody can claim any piece of land as their own.

4. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

It's definitely insane and about as far away from the intent of the game (which is storytelling!) as possible. If the Managers wish to close that thread or otherwise get a handle on this chaos they are entitled to do so.

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

i solved the problem in my way: all tile "proclaimed" ownership of had a counter-revolution of the peasants bringing those tiles back into fanatican ownership. the illegal despots were deposed and their families and their supporters are "non-citizens" from now on. they will be hunted down and killed.

6. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Ok, my ruling on the commerce issue: You can have commerce convert to shields and food, HOWEVER, you can only do so after currency.

7. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Just a question from your land manager: then what do we do with the commerce until then? store it in our graineries?

8. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

I made a proposal in the conflict thread to use commerce instead of f/s as upkeep for troops, like in civ3 itself. but no answer yet.

9. Civanator

Civanator Deity

maybe dis's idea is a good on, but then when people have only food and shields, they can't do that.

10. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

@the rpg manager:
    i would like you to review this.

i want to give out the same thing a roman legion has as armor and weaponry to each character joining the helenatican corps.

now what i need is a detailed list of what i can give them
    i think it should be:
    1 light iron helmet
    1 light iron shield
    1 light iron armor
    1 pair of military boots
    1 javelin
    1 short iron sword
    1 small military dagger

mj. generals will get a gold plated helmet
    lt. generals will get a gold plated helmet+armor
    generals will get a gold plated helmet+armor+shield