Game Modifications for Demogame 3

Vote for ALL modifications that you would like in Demogame 3.

• Give Radar Artillery unit ROF and movement of 3.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Increase bombard strength of ships in industrial and modern age.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Increase bombard strength of all aircraft.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. ships for all bombard/bomb units.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. ships for industrial & modern units.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. ships for modern units only.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. land targets for all bombard/bomb units.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. land targets for industrial & modern units.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Lethal bombardment vs. land targets for modern units only.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Give Granaries the Expansionist attribute.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Give Hospitals the Expansionist attribute.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Use the DYP mod pack (requires file swapping/manipulation).

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Use the Oasis 3.0.1 mod pack (requires file swapping/manipulation).

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Use no modifications.

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This poll will determine what modifications will be made for Demogame 3. Each option will be evaluated independently against the total number of voters and we will adopt every option that receives majority support. Vote for all options that you approve of.

This topic was discussed in detail in this thread. This poll includes all options presented in that thread. This poll will remain open for a minimum of 48 hours. Note that there is no quorum and no abstain option is offered.

I voted for all lethal ship bombardment choices as well as for no modifications. I think all use of the editor other than to allow lethal bombardment vs. ships is unnecessary tweaking.

I prefer no modifications at all. I especially don't like the idea of using mod packs or anything that requires file manipulation for anybody who wants to view a game save.

if we played with PTW we wouldnt need to manipulate the files for civ3. But i agree we should add lethal bombardment to this game, makes it realistic a bit

btw: we would not need modifications for dyp if we would use ptw because it is shipped with ptw... :) but that is another topic :p

so i voted "no modifications"...

I voted no modifications, also. So many of us truly dedicated DG players want the game to be random everything for realism and to add to the difficulty and intrest of the game. But they always make sure to twist the game into the shape they want to make it easy to play. Be true warriors, just play the game, leave the rules alone.

shaitan: another question: should we have a "no mod or mod" poll? the result here i think wont be pretty conclusive... what do we do if no mod gets 50% and 2 detailed modifications also get 50%?

Say "No!" to genetically modified Civ3! :hammer:

I voted yes to four things: Rardar artillery, lethal bombardment against ships for Indus./Mod., lethal bombardment for Modern units and to increase aircraft bombardment values.

I'd also like to propose another one: Give the helicopter Range 8 and 4 load capacity. Also give the Paratrooper Move 2. This should make those two units useful.

I say lets use the dyp modpack. Its realy a great modpack and it it makes the game very huge. Ofcourse it is a downside that you have to download the files, but I do thinik that it is worth it. It would be cool to have a lots off techs and units in it. There probably is a a reason why it came with ptw... :D

Although mod packs and such changes are fun surely it would be better in terms of accessibility to keep all these things at default.

Definitely. Consider that anybody who wanted to do so much as glance at a save would have to convert over to the DYP mod. For a single user to play with a big mod like that is one thing. That person is playing the game until he is done. The majority of people playing the Demo game are not using the DYP mod so would need to switch back and forth constantly. Many people don't know how to implant mods safely in regular Civ3 either. I don't want to end up as tech support for mod pack use.

Originally posted by Sir John
I say lets use the dyp modpack. Its realy a great modpack and it it makes the game very huge. Ofcourse it is a downside that you have to download the files, but I do thinik that it is worth it. It would be cool to have a lots off techs and units in it. There probably is a a reason why it came with ptw... :D

We, Mac users of this forum, are just getting the first pre-public beta release of 1.29x Civ 3. We've all been stuck to just looking at the maps and different infos for the last 2 DGs. Why would we use a mod, if it isn't to take out any chance of any mac user to ever be in the government.

That's why I don't want the DG 3 to use any important mod.

Ok. I see your point in this, but there are several good mods that doesnt require you to change any files. But anyway, Wes hould at least have modifications like lethal bombardment...

Originally posted by Fier Canadien

We, Mac users of this forum, are just getting the first pre-public beta release of 1.29x Civ 3. We've all been stuck to just looking at the maps and different infos for the last 2 DGs. Why would we use a mod, if it isn't to take out any chance of any mac user to ever be in the government.

That's why I don't want the DG 3 to use any important mod.

I'm coming out of my vacation slightly early as a beta tester to say... :ack: Are you sure you can divulge pre-press release info? (in other words, did you sign an NDA? If so, I don't think you're supposed to leak that info... unless it's been publically announced already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom