Game of Thrones / ASOIAF Scenario for BTS

When I get home tomorrow I'll compare your map to the one I started last year. I mostly did the south and the north IIRC.

I would love to see yours if you don't mind. Btw i forgot to upload the map, its on the previous post...

Sorry for taking such a long time, I just remembered this. Here is my map (I thought I had done more changes than what I can find now but I do like my Dorne). I'll take a look at your work now.

Attachments

• Westeros 2015.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    613.1 KB · Views: 146
Ok, first impressions : I looked at everything superficially, first great job at putting all the armies around.

Some things that hit me on the first look : I'm not sure what Beric is doing in crannogmen territory, he could be more to the south, or maybe not in the scenario at all. It's going to be tough making him act rationally.

Also you made a choice to not differenciate Joffrey and Tywin. Tywin clearly does his own thing in book 2, going west to defend the westerland, not caring about Stannis at all and only being stopped by Edmure. I genuinely don't know if it's a good or bad choice. Maybe Edmure could be vassal to Robb then ?

Also I find some cities a bit underrepresented like Yronwood which is the second most important house in Dorne. They deserve some reasonably good land and a size 2 or 3 castle.

The wall being forts doesn't seem right. Mance's army can just walk right through it.

Robb's army in Riverrun should be mostly horse archers and the eastern part be a pretty big host of foot soldiers.

Those are minor details really, you've built a great starting point from which to make a great scenario.

Ok, first impressions : I looked at everything superficially, first great job at putting all the armies around.

Some things that hit me on the first look : I'm not sure what Beric is doing in crannogmen territory, he could be more to the south, or maybe not in the scenario at all. It's going to be tough making him act rationally.

Also you made a choice to not differenciate Joffrey and Tywin. Tywin clearly does his own thing in book 2, going west to defend the westerland, not caring about Stannis at all and only being stopped by Edmure. I genuinely don't know if it's a good or bad choice. Maybe Edmure could be vassal to Robb then ?

Also I find some cities a bit underrepresented like Yronwood which is the second most important house in Dorne. They deserve some reasonably good land and a size 2 or 3 castle.

The wall being forts doesn't seem right. Mance's army can just walk right through it.

Robb's army in Riverrun should be mostly horse archers and the eastern part be a pretty big host of foot soldiers.

Those are minor details really, you've built a great starting point from which to make a great scenario.
Great then i could safely assume that i shall remove Baeric..

I also think that combining Joffrey and Tywin is crucial as, Tywin's force will unlikely to come and defend KL... besides by this period the city is literary a Lannister territory. And as for the wall, perhaps making the terrain Mountain is the only option. I also added hills to make the wall settlements tougher to be conquered.

Unfortunately for civ4 to follow the book event is simply impossible... there are too many unprecedented events, such as the death of Renly which basically wiped the whole faction and allied the Reach to Westerland. If we make Riverland a Vassal of the North, we are going to give too much power in favor to the North..

Attachments

• A Song of Ice and Fire.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
Top Bottom