Game of Thrones.

It's bloody irritating, is what it is. I'm rubbish with names at the best of times, so to have a character turn up for me to think 'hmm, isn't that? Ooh gosh, what's his name? Let's dig through the previous books to double check." :p

But yeah, it's a nice little nod to a character otherwise.
Yeah, but at least in this case, it doesn't matter. If you don't recognize him, fine, the story still works. If you do, you get a nice bonus.

My personal favourite irritating moment is
Spoiler AFFC :
We hear that Catelyn's brother Edmure doesn't like singers, because one of them once made fun of his alleged impotence. It's implied later that this singer was Tom o' Seven, the musician Arya meets at the brotherhood without banners.

It took me a few rereads to figure that out.

A Game of Thrones was a great book, and you should read it just in case they happened to leave a tiny bit out, as with such a sprawling narrative like Martin's it can be easy to get lost when such and such who was mentioned in another book crops up again.

It's 26 and a half days from now until season 4 starts. I wasn't sure which GoT thread to bump, so I just pick one without a number. There are already three trailers for the new season, and the latest one was beyond awesome. HBO really know how to hype a show.

Link to video.

Oooh trailer 3.

Hopefully there will be less gross out and unnecessary misogyny this season.

Top Bottom