1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Settings Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by Sommerswerd, May 23, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Plako is respected MP player as far as I know. And he used to make maps for RB pitbosses, which I have saw and I believe he will make good map. As far as getting access to our forum, I just dont know. I want to believe he will be unyielding and unbiased, but it takes only 1 word spilled out unintentionally in the wrong moment to influence the game heavily.

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I was thinking it was a big sacrifice for plako to volunteer to make the map, and one of the conditions he gave was for him to be able to observe as and admin would. I think it is pretty standard to give the mapmaker admin-like access to all forums

3. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

Settings proposed by Apolyton in post 1 sound good.
    Most important one is "no tech trading" anyway.

4. Sommerswerd

I just realized that CFC never posted our choices for settings. So this is what I will post for us if no one objects. If there is disagreement then we can just try to reach some kind of understanding here before posting our results for that particular setting.

Tactics:
    Nukes - On nothing banned
    Spies - On nothing banned
    Corporations - On nothing banned
    City Gifting - Undecided

Settings:
    Game Speed - NORMAL
    Huts - OFF
    Events - OFF
    Always War - OFF
    Tech Trading - OFF
    Vassal States - OFF
    Unrestricted Leaders - ON
    Random Seed on Reload - ON

Mods:
    Change known tech bonus - NO
    BUG mod - Undecided
    Double move mod - Yes
    No score Mod - Yes

Map:
    Map type - MAPMAKER'S CHOICE but not archipelago or contact blocked by Astronomy
    Wrap - Cylindrical
    Mirrored starts - NO
    Fair/balanced starts - YES
    Engineered starts - NO

Picking Leaders:
    Selection process - SNAKE PICK with UNRESTRICTED leaders
    Multiple or exclusive leaders - EXCLUSIVE Leaders and Civs

5. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

6. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I'm a fan of the no score mod so I would lobby to have it in the game.

7. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I am reluctant to accept the BUG mod, as I am uncertain how much complexity it adds to the hosting process. Everything else looks good. A no score mod would impede us somewhat in terms of figuring out what the other teams are doing, but that may actually be a good thing when you take the numbercrunchers of Team RB into consideration. Simply put, I am in favour of applying the no score mod unless someone have a strong argument as to why it is a bad idea?

Edit: As soon as the BUG mod editing they are doing is complete, I need a copy of the mod so we can start a small PB to test it. If we end up with the BUG mod as part of the game settings I need to learn how it works before I implement it into the MTDG itself.

8. Sommerswerd

I also favor the No Score Mod as I agree that allowing demographics just hands an advantage over to RB

9. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So unless there are objections lets change our team vote response to "no score mod: yes"

10. 2metraninja

Actually, the No-Score mod only removes the score. The demographics, power score, tech score, etc are still there, but this makes reading the demographics for sure a bit harder, but still viable, so no big deal in regard with the RB guys demo reading skills. What the No-Score mod is good at is that it does not gives away who is ahead of the others and who is preparing/waging/winning/losing wars. This can be actually bad for us if we are facing tough opponents with extremely good MM and REXing skills.

11. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Are you sure demographics are there in the no score mod? I seem to remember the demographics being gone when I last used it...

12. 2metraninja

Yes, the demographics are there for sure. I currently play in 2-3 games with the No-Score mod and I am sure of it.

13. Sommerswerd

There might be more than 1 version of the Mod. I can remember playing using a Mod that had no graphs, and no demographics, and another that has everything except score, and the graph for score.

14. 2metraninja

Yeah, I though about different versions too. After all, which No-Score mod we want?

15. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I believe we can also take advantage of demographics. Maybe not quite as well as some experts, but the mathematics involved is not really that complicated. Of course if we're aiming to run strong espionage, demographics will become rather irrelevant in time and by then it's just free info for everyone else. However, as I said before, I'm comfortable with about any settings. We'll just have to adjust our playing style if need be :)

16. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Sorry for going off topic, but can anyone tell me what the heck this guy "Krill"'s problem is? He's stalking the various sites spreading crap and trying to sow dissention about the game..

I just noticed his comment @ Apolyton as well, after his comment here on CFC earlier today: http://apolyton.net/entry.php/128-Apolyton-Assemble!! (look at the very bottom in the comment section to the blog entry)

17. Sommerswerd

OK so I figured it out. There is an original, standard "No-Score" Mod that just removes the score and the graphs for score. This one is the most commonly used, as it gets rid of all the quitting and lost heart over who is in the lead etc...

Then there is the "No-Score Mod V2" which removes demographics AND score. I have played with both. I am going to clarify that we want V2 that removes demographics. That should get some debate going:lol: Here is a link to a couple games that used "V2" I actually played in Global Highlands, ending my last turn with the name "Super Nova" as in I was going out in a blaze of glory;) Global Highlands

Here is another game that used the "V2" Mod called Dont Step on My Island some good CFC players participated in this one as well. I linked to this one also because it had Unrestricted leaders, where each player picked a Civ/Leader, but then it was randomly assigned to another player. Very interesting approach. Look at and think about some of the choices people went with.

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Right, by the sheer amount of heated up discussion the old MTDG/ISDG games are generating, I think I will change my opinion in regards to the Double Move mod. So consider me in favour of using it. I still want to test it though, and I wish to test it as the host and not on someone else's hosting so I can see what it actually entails. If you could use your eloquence to put some pressure on Manolo to remove the BUG part of it, Sommerswerd, and get him to email the mod to me, I will set up a PB asap? :)

Edit: You should have my email. If not, just poke me and I'll give it to you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

19. Sommerswerd

OK I will reach out to Manolo today:)

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Great! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2