1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Speed Editing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Thorburne, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

I was looking at the gamespeed.xml file for Civ VI to see what would need to be modified to change how it works. Basically, I am looking for Epic speed in tech and civics (and time) with Standard production (and everything else). I am a bit confused with the values in the file and what they do.

• Cost Multiplier - seems simple, but what cost is it affecting? All costs? That could be a problem with getting what I desire.
    • Civic Unlock Max Cost - So, this affects Civics?
    • Civic Unlock Per Turn Drop - See Above...
    • Civic Unlock Min Cost - See Above...
    • Month Increment - OK, this is easy... how many months for each turn. Incidentally, I created a spreadsheet with the years listed alongside.
    • Turns per Increment - Another easy one. In my spreadsheet, I also totaled the turns per speed to get an idea of the length of each speed.

Anyway, does anyone have any input on what the civic ones do and the Cost Multiplier. Does anybody know how to accomplish what I mentioned above?

Attached Files:

2. Horem

Horem Emperor

Cost Multiplier does effect all costs, Tech, Civic, Building, Unit ect. I am not sure about the Civic ones tbh.
    This mod. As well as a few others over in the Moding Components section try to address the issues you are having.

3. Beichtvater

Beichtvater Chieftain

Extremely disappointed that more can not adjust the speed of research and construction separately...
    And I can not understand for what purpose they are so stupidly destroyed game.
    Now you cannot do the slow research and development and the rapid construction of units to fight in every epoch enough.

But there is a small 'lifehack'.
    Start game with 100 CostMultiplier, save the game and close the application.
    Change CostMultiplier to 300 and load the save, and voila - you have 300 for tech, buildings and civics, but 100 for units - these idiots stored it in savegames x.x
    Unfortunately, these 100 also will apply to great persons... these twice idiots store them in savegames too >.<

4. TheRealHellBlazer

TheRealHellBlazer Chieftain

You can change the cost of techs and civics in the relevant tables in the data base.

You can simply run a command in an sql file like this:

UPDATE Technologies SET Cost = round(Cost * 1.35);

That would increase the cost of all techs by 35%.

Beichtvater likes this.
  5. Beichtvater

Beichtvater Chieftain

thanks a lot, i have looked at others mods and could assemble my own 'xml/sql' build what suits me better.
    but that does not excuse the developer - this new way is much more difficult previous

6. PYITE

PYITE Prince

Slower tech by era will let you the set a multiplier for each tech era.

The times X series of mods will let you slow you tech, culture, and GP individually.

Times 2x all in one will make techs, civics and GP twice as slow but not effect production. Standard speed production at an epic pace.