game stutters/lags alot, help T_T

Cissnei

Warlord
I always play on continents/pangaea , 22 civilizations and around 40 City states. At start its ok but in many games when i discover more area it becomes really annoying. I play on highest settings, and 1680x1050 resolution
What should i change in settings to not make game look bad and improve performance?

Less civilizations.
As the game goes one, more calculations have to be performed. (Don't be mistaken, this game demands a lot of CPU power.)
Try 8 civilizations instead and if you can finish that game without lagging near the end move up to more.

i dont want to do that ToT I want as many civilizations to be in the game as possible. help me to fix settings please

There is nothing in the settings for this to fix, barely anyone can play with that many civilizations without getting slowdowns and stutters later ingame and the few that can must have 3000$ beast computers.
More civilizations means more processing power required (stronger CPU) in the late game as more calculations need to be run. It's unrelated to your graphics and thus the only 'fix' is buying a stronger CPU component.

The alternative to play without the slowdowns and stutters (or at least reduce it) is going for less civilizations. Drop down a size or two.

I always play on continents/pangaea , 22 civilizations and around 40 City states. At start its ok but in many games when i discover more area it becomes really annoying. I play on highest settings, and 1680x1050 resolution
What should i change in settings to not make game look bad and improve performance?

What is your CPU/RAM/Graphics card?

Obviously if they aren't top spec the answer is to upgrade them, but even then, as the the other poster said, too many civs will slow the game down regardless...

my PC:
Windows 7
Graphic Card Radeon 5770HD
RAM 8,00 GB
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3 GHz
Its not a very good PC i know , what should i upgrade?

i dont wanna play in strategic mode ==

Your CPU is pretty much what you want to upgrade, the memory and graphic card are just fine.
Graphically the game isn't even that demanding, it's processing power that the game wants from you.

Look into getting a high-end i7 Quad Core if you want to play with 22 civilizations.

An Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz would be an excellent candidate. It's not the best available but it's affordable and performs really well.
Be sure to check if your motherboard can fit one, otherwise you need a new motherboard and you might need a stronger PSU considering you are using a fairly weak Duo Core (though you could specify more details on it).
An 800 watt PSU unit would be enough, but you might be able to use a 600 watt PSU unit. Though I'm not the guy to ask about PSU units.

In addition to what Ajuga has said, if you are running 64 bit windows you can also upgrade to 16g RAM if your motherboard supports it. I currently have an i7 2600 which will run 22 civs fine until late game.

If you don't have a lot of money to spend just focus on upgrading your CPU. As Ajuga has said, an excellent recommendation is an i7.

Max civs/citystates, biggest map, highest graphics, and you wonder why you have performance issues? :rolleyes:

The solution is obvious, but you have stated that you won't accept it.

Top Bottom