Gamebreaking overflow exploit

People -- including game developers -- don't understand percentages, so you can't rely on them working in any reasonable fashion.

For some numerology... combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.55 multiplier, gives a 1.705 multiplier, and combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.35 multiplier gives 1.485, both rounding up to the 1.71 and 1.49 you state.

People -- including game developers -- don't understand percentages, so you can't rely on them working in any reasonable fashion.

Amen.

For some numerology... combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.55 multiplier, gives a 1.705 multiplier, and combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.35 multiplier gives 1.485, both rounding up to the 1.71 and 1.49 you state.
That could be it. It's just weird if all multipliers are additive, except one that multiplies the other multipliers. But maybe that's how it works. So then the question becomes, which multiplier is not additive but multiplicative? Communism?

I know most people don't care about exact numbers, but since I like to plan my games down to the last detail, it drives me mad if I can't predict the exact outcome of my actions...

Ok if player gets higher difficulty production bonuses after craftsmanship, the game is literally unplayable at higher difficulties. Did anyone confirm this. Does it apply just to units or all production? Does it apply to science and tech?

I haven't noticed any bonus to tech, only a bonus to production of ancient and classical era units.

Many people have confirmed the production bonus to units. It's still unclear when it kicks in. Someone else found it to be more random, not exactly at Craftmanship. But it does kick in very early.

Top Bottom