Gamebreaking overflow exploit

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by elitetroops, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MyOtherName

MyOtherName Emperor

People -- including game developers -- don't understand percentages, so you can't rely on them working in any reasonable fashion.

For some numerology... combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.55 multiplier, gives a 1.705 multiplier, and combining a 1.1 multiplier with a 1.35 multiplier gives 1.485, both rounding up to the 1.71 and 1.49 you state.

Konfuchie and Plus Ultra like this.
  2. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Amen.

3. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

That could be it. It's just weird if all multipliers are additive, except one that multiplies the other multipliers. But maybe that's how it works. So then the question becomes, which multiplier is not additive but multiplicative? Communism?

I know most people don't care about exact numbers, but since I like to plan my games down to the last detail, it drives me mad if I can't predict the exact outcome of my actions...

4. Konfuchie

Konfuchie Chieftain

Ok if player gets higher difficulty production bonuses after craftsmanship, the game is literally unplayable at higher difficulties. Did anyone confirm this. Does it apply just to units or all production? Does it apply to science and tech?

5. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

I haven't noticed any bonus to tech, only a bonus to production of ancient and classical era units.

Many people have confirmed the production bonus to units. It's still unclear when it kicks in. Someone else found it to be more random, not exactly at Craftmanship. But it does kick in very early.