GameRanger Civ4 Rendezvous

Hi

I'm new here (first post) and interested in joining MP games as long as they not too slow. Could do PTBS or Direct IP games. I'll check out GameRanger.

I play Civ on Monarch or so level, usually on a Small map (quicker).

I am available for play mostly during weekdays after 10:00 GMT. :)

If you're hosting a game, please let me know on
eddyholland (+)
CFC [at]
gmail (dot)
com
or by private mesg.

cheers,
-- Ed

Hi

Now on GameRanger :) as EddyHolland
up for Vanilla CivIV MP games, in the UK & Europe TZ.
(except 1-turn-per 24h type PTBS games: play quicker)

add me to your Buddy List :)
I'll be lurking on GameRanger for a few weeks, (might stop doing it after, if it's too quiet.)

ciao,
-- Eddy

I just host a game and go about my buisness its kinda like fishing you gotta have paitence.

and yes i know i can't spell

So I'm interested in setting up a game to play with some buddies, How do I set up a game to host?

I've set up my account with GameRanger, not sure how to do the rest?
sorry for the noob question.

It looks like you got online as Eric the Reckless, and you briefly had a game started?

You need to ensure that your firewall is set up to allow the game to communicate, and you need to find someone else to play with. That's what this thread was set up to enable, but please don't look at me for anything more than a brief technical check, as I don't know how to play Civ4 at any level :eek:

Thanks Alan, Yes I was trying things out .... but still not sure how you set up the actual game to play, I will try to muddle through this later. Appreciate your reply.

Gameranger gets 2 thumbs up! The startup of the new game was a little clunky, but one of my buddies had to do some updating to his PC .... otherwise, once gameplay commenced everything was great. Really enjoyed being able to set up a multiplayer game online, crossplatform too!

I've been playing Civ4 for several months and would love to play against some live people. I am most available Tuesday evenings, West Coast US time, but only for a few hours. I would almost be willing to play a few folks a very slow game by email. I am just now exploring multiplayer games so maybe this idea is too cumbersome.

I would be ok to play with some people not too strong, not too violent ( I prefer first kill some AI and after some humans :lol: ) once a week ( any day ) but as I'm in Europe, a bit hard for example to play at 3.00 AM with someone at Pacific time ! :lol:

Except this problem of time, I can go to a GameRanger rendez-vous :) so, all beginners are welcome !

Top Bottom