GameRanger Civ4 Rendezvous

Well done, Scott :goodjob:

The online updater failed on my Mac Pro wen I tried to connect with the old version, and took me to the download page. I downloaded the new version and that ran OK ... and then ran an online update when it connected. It now runs fine.

Note for others: Dragging it into the Applications folder from the Disk Image didn't overwrite the old one, even though their names look the same. The new one has a normally hidden .app extension, the old one doesn't. So I had two versions in my Applications folder, my dock alias still tried to open the old one, and had to be replaced.

Yes, in order to make the transition to Universal Binary, I had to completely rewrite the auto-update process. This required everyone to manually update, hence GameRanger's intentional alert.

The message on the download page of the website also said that you should delete previous installs of GameRanger.

However, you shouldn't have had your old GameRanger app sitting directly in the Applications folder. Every time you auto-updated in the past, it would have littered your Applications folder with its support files. The old GameRanger was designed to be kept in its own folder. Worse still, non-admin accounts can't write to the Applications folder, so auto-updating would probably not even work.

The new GameRanger is a self-contained bundle, so this is no longer an issue.

Scott.

Hey, I'm in eastern US time zone but my hours are pretty flexible...never played civ online before.

Microsoft aren't the only game in town. I avoid them on principle. I have an AIM account .. which also allows me to use iChat AV .. and Yahoo IM.

sure gimme your e-mail, although it would be a lot easier if u just made a msn account, so far ive managed to get quite a few multiplayer games going from there, mine is joe(dot)hutton(dot)civ4(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

has anyone tried the ghost recon demo, its soo good online, dowload the demo n go on gameranger, you'll see me there usually as THE BRAIN

why would I need MSN to set up a game? I use ichat...By MSN account do you mean an MSN email or instant messanger...Im not familiar with msn

but my email is friedmanr<at>duq<dot>edu

Moderator Action: Your email address will be scraped off this site faster than you can say "spam, spam, eggs and spam". I edited it. AlanH

just curious, r those looking for multiplayer games wanting to play against each other only? Or multiplayer with some ais too? or a couple of player vs ai only?

I've never played multiplayer, what intersts me most is having a true ally in my games against the ai... I'm in pacific time zone and thinking about getting Warlords soon, but only have vanilla civ4 atm.

ciao, Brian

just curious, r those looking for multiplayer games wanting to play against each other only? Or multiplayer with some ais too? or a couple of player vs ai only?

I've never played multiplayer, what intersts me most is having a true ally in my games against the ai... I'm in pacific time zone and thinking about getting Warlords soon, but only have vanilla civ4 atm.

ciao, Brian

Yo, we've been playing all kinds of games, some human vs ai, human vs human, all against all (including ai) and we managed to get a 2v2 team deathmatch game going but they are quite rare at the moment because not enough peole are online at the same time, if u give me ur msn address i can add you and we get sum games going, its mostly just me and MR STYLE who are playing at the moment.

As for the warlords exp. im not sure whether to get it or not, can somone who has bought it please gimme sum advice, im definately not paying &#163;30 for it, i might get it when its &#163;10.

rb

BRAIN69

Yo, we've been playing all kinds of games, some human vs ai, human vs human, all against all (including ai) and we managed to get a 2v2 team deathmatch game going but they are quite rare at the moment because not enough peole are online at the same time, if u give me ur msn address i can add you and we get sum games going, its mostly just me and MR STYLE who are playing at the moment.

As for the warlords exp. im not sure whether to get it or not, can somone who has bought it please gimme sum advice, im definately not paying £30 for it, i might get it when its £10.

rb

BRAIN69

Its awesome.

Is there another site where people to play against can be found?

my name's stevetobias on gameranger, please buddy me
if there's any other place to get together to play online, let me know. thanks

please add me to the list
This thread is the only list in existence as far as CFC is concerned. I'm assuming those who are interested are following up on the posts in this thread.

I am not organising anything myself, as I don't have any great interest in multiplayer games. I'm also unlikely to be in a good time-zone to join in. So I depend on those who have expressed an interest to arrange the appropriate rendezvous at GameRanger.

please add me to the list -- i never see anyone on gameranger...

will do, but i need your msn address first

WE NEED MORE CONSTANT PLAYERS THAT WILL BE ON EVERY WEEKEND, IF UR INTERESTED IN MULTI GAMES, SEND ME YOUR MSN ADDRESS, OR FIND ME ON GAMERANGER AS - XXX-THE BRAIN-XXX

Top Bottom