GC2Uupd197to203

Everyone knows what a pain it is to use Impulse. Galactic Civilizations 2 is an Awesome Game Though! Stardock's Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate version 1.97 to 2.03 is a signficant complete upgrade!

Because of Licensing and Activation Issues, as well as files containing serial keys, I am hesitant to release any hacks/mods. But, I can let you on, to a few steps you can take to avoid the frustration of re-updating through Impulse.

All the necessary steps & files are here for you to save a Registrared Upgrade of GC2U_v203. Merely copy, save & backup any existing files that are necessary for v197 or v203 after updating. RAR, ZIP, etc ... then copy the v203 files over the v197 ones.
The files you need are listed below, just save & extract it later when necessary. @15MBs-203 & @23MBs w/197

NOTES:
If no-one bothers this thread I may make a hacked mod, but you will still have to take a few steps youself.
Making a install program for it is another possiblity? Anyways, will see!

You may have to release permissions on folders & files or re-boot into Hirens or a virtual drive to extract into the Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Folder.

You Serial Key goes Here ->
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stardock\ComponentManager\Drengin.net\GalCiv2UL] "Serial No"="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

You may want to Zero out this file by opening it up with notepad & deleting all the info.
{8BE19286-E391-4AA9-AA75-BDB27063C6D7} dxscriptlocal .\AppData Deleted (Zeroed)

This worked no problem for me. I didn't even have to re-registrar.
Steps for Re-Registrar Links ->

GC2U REG Attachment ->
(Zipped) HTML FILE(s) Attachment ->

Ah, as a further note if you leave this installed without deleting it on your harddrive ... with my updates ... make sure you have the CD/DVD in the Drive ... it's probably good to have all your Windowes updates too ... Run GalCiv2.exe and GC2DarkAvatar.exe ... create a shortcut on your desktop for Twilight and run it the Activation should come up ... You can enter the number or just click activate ... TOA should work now ... you may have to re-boot

Top Bottom