1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM not working for me since 2.2.3 / 1.11.2

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by Herex, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Puer

Puer Warlord

PC.
    Reproduce only if GEM is enabled (tested with v1.11.2, v1.11.1, v1.10, v1.8). Other mods (except CivUP v2.2.3) were not used.
    Do not reproduce if only Civ V Unofficial Patch v2.2.3 is used

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I am investigating this now. I went to sleep shortly after uploading the latest update. :)

Edit: this is strange - everything works for me. I'm investigating further.

3. Thalassicus

I re-uploaded my current build as Gem v1.11.3. If it does not work for you, could you post your database.log and lua.log files? They usually contain error messages in this situation.

I did the following test:
    1. Started a Continents game on standard settings with Montezuma
    2. Founded my first city
    3. Selected production
    4. Selected a tech
    5. Advanced 5 turns
    6. Opened the techtree
    I didn't see any errors up to this point. I don't believe anything changed between versions 11.2 and 11.3, but maybe the upload got corrupted? :think:

4. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Thal,

I am still getting this error after a re-download and re-install.

Lua.log had no information (only a single line), but database.log had the following:

[386963.912] constraint failed
    [386963.912] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
    [386967.765] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
    [386970.183] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [386970.198] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
    [386970.198] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
    [386971.368] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT" does not exist in Units
    [386971.368] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SUMERIAN_PHALANX" does not exist in Units
    [386971.368] Failed Validation.
    [386971.868]
    -- SQLite Memory Statistics --
    Memory Usage:
    [Cur] [Max]
    Malloc: 369976 33247232
    PageCache: 4388 4982
    LookAside: 0 0
    Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
    [TooLarge] [NoSpace]
    PageCache: 0 29696000
    Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
    Malloc: 131072
    PageCache: 1160
    Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
    Current: 6
    ------------------------------

5. Thalassicus

Those are normal messages for database.log.

Edit: if the tech tree specifically stops on Archery, it might be a problem with DLC content. If you encounter the problem, which of these DLCs do you have:

• Temple of Artemis
    • Babylonian bowmen
    • Incan slingers

6. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Thal,

Yeah, don't know what to tell you. This is the single line in lua.log.

[386950.339] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

Are you using a specific Civ to start a game? That's the only thing I can think of, right now.

Edit: Started a Montezuma game (had been trying Gandhi before). Small Random map, Difficulty 3 (Warlord). Still get same issue.

7. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

I do have errors in localization.log. Don't think this applies here, though...

[17416.544] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Map Info Delay: {1_Num} seconds)
    [17416.544] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Map Info Delay: {1_Num} seconds
    [17416.684] WRN: A resource bundle lookup returned a result from the root locale (not an error).
    [17505.308] ERR: Missing argument 1. ({1_current}/{2_needed}[NEWLINE]Progress towards the next Great General is based on the XP earned by units in combat.)
    [17505.308] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. {1_current}/{2_needed}[NEWLINE]Progress towards the next Great General is based on the XP earned by units in combat.
    [17505.917] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Map Info Delay: {1_Num} seconds)
    [17505.917] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Map Info Delay: {1_Num} seconds
    [17605.976] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17605.976] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17605.976] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17605.976] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17606.194] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17606.194] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17606.194] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17606.194] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17606.194] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17606.194] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17628.970] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17628.970] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17628.970] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17628.970] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17642.340] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17642.340] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17642.340] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17642.340] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17642.340] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17642.340] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17679.484] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17679.484] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17679.484] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17679.484] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17679.702] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17679.702] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17679.702] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17679.702] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17679.702] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17679.702] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17680.154] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17680.154] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17680.154] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17680.154] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17680.264] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17680.264] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17680.264] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17680.264] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17702.556] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!)
    [17702.556] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You have found cultural artifacts which awe your citizens! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_CULTURE] Culture!
    [17702.556] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17702.556] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!
    [17702.556] ERR: Missing argument 1. (In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!)
    [17702.556] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. In the ruins you find the treasures of an ancient empire! You have received {1_Num} [ICON_GOLD] Gold!

8. Thalassicus

Enable logging with the instructions on the reporting bugs thread, section #2. Lua.log only shows information when you start a game with logging enabled. I'm testing a new game with DLCs disabled (normally have them all enabled).

Edit: it appears DLCs are not the problem. I'm still seeing everything okay with DLCs disabled. Could you take screenshots of your Game, Interface, and Video options screens so I can compare the options we use?

Edit2: I attached a zip file containing my versions of Civup and Gem. Does it work if you install these manually while Civ 5 is on the Mods screen?

Attached Files:

• MODS.7z
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
  9. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

I enabled logging, and I still don't get anything in lua.log.

The tech tree does seem to break on the Archery technology, though.

And yes, I have all of the DLC. I'll try turning them off and see what happens.

Edit: Turned off all DLC (except GaK)... same result.

10. Ulthwithian

Ulthwithian King

Thal: Okay, the .7z files you sent worked.

The most noticeable difference is the initial game load-up screen.

11. Thalassicus

Thank you for the confirmation. It must have been something in Civup, then. I'll upload the new version.

12. Thalassicus

13. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

After reloading both of the newer versions (.4) I have successfully started up a new game.

Can choose Manufacturing options and see the new Tech Tree.:D

14. Bankrobber

Bankrobber Chieftain

Hi all, I've the same problem.
    With these updates the city prod tab works well, but tech tree is still bugged. :c5unhappy:

15. 123john321

123john321 Warlord

Same here, game works now. Thank you!

16. Thalassicus

Try the things on the common checklist. If that does not work for you, could you enable the lua.log file, start a game, then attach the log file to a post here? It usually contains error messages helpful in this situation. :)

17. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Also opportunities are working again.

Had a couple of CTD's in the last iteration so hopefully those are gone.

18. Thalassicus

I have not encountered a crash caused by lua code (what's used for this project) in the past two years of modding. I've seen a few freezes, but never a crash. I'm confident that abrupt crashes are caused by the game core c++ code. The most frequent situation I've seen is when the game core does not cache mod data properly. This is most visible when we attempt to load a savegame with a different mod version than what's installed. Instead of recognizing it's the wrong version, the game just terminates. :)

19. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Confirm this Fixes the problems!

20. Herex

Herex Chieftain

Game works fine now, except that in the city screen, I can't expand the Building and Wonder list. It's just collapsed, and clicking the + sign does nothing.
    Annoying bug, but hardly as gamebreaking as the problem we had before. :)