General Strategy Help

Basic strategy I tell most people is:
10-20 citys by t100
archer rush your first neighbor(the game is over after this)
build order is either scout>slinger>slinger>slinger, sometimes you can cut the scout if you find somebody early, but goody huts can still be stupid good sometimes
99% of the time its AH first into archery to rush somebody. It works out because most starts you want to go AH first anyway.
I ussually build/buy a worker for my cap, but don't start spamming them until feudalism. They are much harder to justify now that the money exploit is gone.
After you get your basic improvemen and amenity techs go for currency and start building hubs in every city, try to get an internal route in all of your good citys and multiple in your cap or highest hammer city
After currency you can do whatever, ussually if I want to continue the murder I will go for machinery for x bows, and lumber mills are actually pretty good because hammers are so important.
If not then I will go for workshops, but industrial zones are not as good as they used to be anymore

This is just a basic I have no soul and want to win strategy. The good thing is that once you knock off a guy and have a base set up, after currency and Hub spam you can just mosey along to whatever victory condition you want and just enjoy whatevering.

On deity you can steal settlers to, which every settler can knock 10 ten turns off a game with slightly diminishing returns. I often wonder if emperor is actually harder then deity just because you cant steal settlers as much. But the production bonus alone on deity can make war feel silly sometimes because the A.I can spam a guy a turn. Also don't worry about falling behind in tech, you will, but eventually you will rocket past them with a stronger base.

edit:Also Persia is OP and is just the best at everything, Greece is very strong as an all around civ as well. Persia has a UA that essentially reads "all your guys have super movement all game". It helps a lot with early workers and settler stealing, as well as allowing you to easily Archer rush 2 or sometimes even 3 civs before they brick you off with walls and unit spam.

Top Bottom