General Turn Discussion

I'll do it in game....

Can someone send a message to Saturn telling them what we are doing?

I can't gift units unless they accept the cities.

If you guys are interested he was the situation when I logged in:

On a personal note, I am willing to play if we can get one or two other people who will commit to playing as well. I'm not amazing at civ, but I'm willing to play it out instead of doing what will look like a PAL move from the poly game from everyone else's perspective.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 547
Well I have been playing the turns(quickly). Not much thought/effort going into it.

I actually offered KAZ all 3 forward cities to turn on Cavs. But it was only done in game, so they could conceivably accept the cites and re-DOW us in 10 turns. This would still allow us to make a stand at Dragon tears.

I have communicated very little with Plako, about 1 PM per day.

what a mess - I'm so sorry to come back and find this disaster. :sad:

Memphus - if you're still reading this - I'm sorry man... that just sucks.

I was just dropping by here to say that things have slowed down enough in my new job that I think I can visit the threads once a week or so.
That's clearly not enough to be of any real help... and certainly will not be enough to justify playing on.

Ron - are you going to gift stuff to Saturn? I guess that's what I'm reading here.
Maybe I can make a final RIP graphic post for the Inner-Sanctum Documentaries. Let me know!

:salute:

I tried to do a mass gift to Saturn, but they(Plako), rejected the cities because he had no discussion time(or people to discuss with IMO), and there were NO formal diplomatic communications. I have been playing the turns because I personally have a hard time "abandoning" Saturn, but it is not much fun. :(

I proposed a note to Saturn in their embassy.
After we send that off - I think we should draft a quick post for the UN warning everyone of what is about to happen.

In the meantime, if Ron (or anyone) could just keep the save moving by fortifying our units and turning cities over to the AI governors... I think that it would be a nice gesture to not hold the save up any more that absolutely necessary.

Will do!

Going to offer a second suggestion, to keep the game entertaining for those still playing in it: offer Kaz all our cities. That way it's not a certain victory for Cav, far from it.

Saturn can't hold onto any cities save that one just on their side of the mountain range, so while it is a nice idea to gift them cities it doesn;t really do much.

that's a good point... hadn't thought of that.

Just for the sake of being good allies though - I think we should offer the cities to Saturn first.
IF they decline, we could ask them about gifting them to Kaz... maybe we could broker some kind of 50-turns-of-peace for Saturn in exchange for Kaz getting the cities?

If not, I suspect Saturn would rather have Kaz have to fight for the cities (even if it's just against the AI).
... and while it'd be nice to leave a fun game for everyone, I think we need to do whatever is best for Saturn at this point... since they're getting the rawest deal.

= my 2 cents.

I'll send that draft letter to Saturn tomorrow maybe if there's no further comments before then?

Fair point. Arguably Saturn get a good deal though, they are back in the game as King maker: Cav can't just invade Saturn anymore, they have Kaz to contend with. So Saturn can demand a fairly high price for teir co-operation wth Cav, which would include a long NAP if they are smart, techs, cities from Kaz as well after they are prised from thir cold dead hands etc.

Anyway, point communicated, off to visit relatives on Christmas eve...

I'm going to add that point (cause it's a good one) to the Saturn letter.
Then I think we should let them make the choice.

Any final discussion on this topic?

P.S. Merry Christmas, Krill!

Top Bottom