1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

General Turn Discussion

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, Dec 3, 2008.

1. sooooo

sooooo Chieftain

As far as I can see, people have only been complaining on their private forums (communicated through Sullla). The only public post to question memphus was one post by slaze.

Put yourself in their situation. True you don't know anything about memphus, and in a virtuous world nobody would accuse him of cheating. However, in the real world, with that streak of results you're always going to get accusations. I can't say for sure that if I was in another team that I wouldn't be making accusations against SANCTA.

So Memphus: I can understand that it isn't fun for you to get accused of cheating but unfortunately that's the price of being both very good and very lucky. I don't think it's realistic to expect not to get accused of cheating after what happened in this game. So I'd like to ask you to reconsider retiring from your turnplayer duties.

2. mwin

mwin Chieftain

We can play only Cav stops accusing or provide some evidence. They started discussion just now. I don’t why Sulla didn’t bother to take Krill’s suggestion to have this discussion in open forum in the first place.

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

As Promised I paused the game.

I may have also made our best moves for this turn while I was in there ;)

If we want to win the game (which we can still btw)

We need that gold from Saturn, which probably won't happen unless someone talks to them fast.

We need MT and then to upgrade out knights.

FYI you can draf tafter we end our turn. So draft TKY as soon as the turn rolls. (that is the only city)

We then do that after our next turn, and gift the city to Kaz. Try and Hold onto zhue Cha in the north as that is an entrance to Saturn's Backdoor.

DT is where the stand needs to be made, we need MT (doen in 2 with gold from saturn) and Knights by that point. Oh and take out kaz's backdoor with the galley being beat.

4. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Regardless of what we do this game would have a "*" next to it regardless. That said I lean towards ATM's suggestion to just leave the game but I think Saturn should know what we plan to do.

5. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Have we come to a consensus about IF/HOW we want to proceed?

I just think we should let the other teams know, as a courtesy. At least we can take the high road on the way out if that is our choice!

6. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

Since no one's interested in being a turn-player, I think we're resigning.

If we don't have a turnplayer in 48 hours (6PM Dec. 3rd EDT), I say we sign over all our cities to Saturn, and let the capital be taken over by an AI.

7. Whomp

Should I post in the "General Discussion" thread that we're moving to AI? It seems like interest has disappeared and we've lost our main players from General_W, Krill and Memphus.

8. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I said I would be willing to play the turns...

I'm just not sure IF we want to as a TEAM.

I also believe that if we change turn players, as someone else said, we are in a way giving in to the idea that Memphus was indeed cheating. I DEFINITELY DO NOT want to give that impression.

9. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I'm pretty much of the opinion that we should end.

10. Dreylin

Dreylin Cousin Itt!

I know I haven't taken much part anyway, but I'm pretty-much of the same opinion as AT.

11. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

:stupid:

12. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Then how do we end it? Gift all cities to Saturn and then AI the Cap?

13. Love

Love Chieftain

Let's do a germany-split, giving every team one each.

14. mwin

mwin Chieftain

I agree...

15. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

You are saying to divide the cities evenly between the 4 remaining players? I personally don't like this idea, we have been allied with Saturn against the the rest of them the entire game. I can't see giving anything to the opposition! :confused:

16. Whomp

Giving cities to Saturn is the only option in my mind. The bigger question is whether they want to continue on. It sounds like they're done too with 4 or 5 posts in their forum over the last month.

17. AutomatedTeller

I think throwing it all to Saturn might be unbalancing

My proposal:

Gift our core 5 or 6, the ones nearest Saturn, to Saturn, with their garrison units, since they have been playing the game with a strong ally in us, they deserve to not get totally screwed.

Turn everything else over to the AI - Saturn should be able to capture the cities along the NE coast and Kaz will get most of the southern ones.

We have two suggestions:

- Gift everything to Saturn.
    - Gift some to saturn, turn over the rest.
    - 3rd option is to give everything to the AI

Any other ideas? We should come to a decision soon on this.

18. Whomp

Is it really unbalanced? They're going to be 3 vs. 1 instead of 3 vs. 2 once we leave the game.

19. AutomatedTeller

true.

Actually, that's probably the best way to do it - they can negotiate as to what to do after that. Gets the game going again.

I'm for gifting everything to saturn - cities, units, the whole thing.

20. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I agree with AT- just gift everything to Saturn, we've been working with each other ever since we met, it's the only choice that returns all the loyalty they've shown us, and in anycase, we've been working together the whole game anyway.